Quest 2 VR standalone app or cloud hosting?

Hello,

I’ve spent quite a bit of time in the past running our Rhino or Revit models through Enscape to be able to access the VR headset ( HTC or Oculus) but with the Quest 2 I’m running into more issues than ever before. I realize much of it has to do with bandwidth that the VR is asking for when running live models so I was wondering if the Enscape Team had any plans to develop an oculus app where we could host our models for easier viewing?

Is there a cloud-based platform in general where we could host our 3d exports so anyone could view them through their VR without having to link to a PC? Tough to require others to have a VR ready laptop/desktop to be able to view our work. Would be fantastic to have a VRChat / AltspaceVR like setting where we could upload our Enscape Walkthroughs we could share with anyone.

@kala_studio , regarding your first inquiry, I do expect something like this to be implemented eventually, but perhaps not for the Quest 2 I’m afraid, although for more powerful VR standalone headsets about to be released in the future. I’ll gladly forward your Feedback to our product managers as well.

Also, if you like, you can go into more detail regarding what issues you experience exactly? Especially if you’re running the Quest 2 wirelessly, we recommend at least a Wifi 6 router with about 500Mbps+ bandwidth for streaming the image into the device. If you like, I can also send you some recommendations of course.

Regarding your second inquiry, I’m afraid we’re not aware of any such solution currently available - I will still also file and forward this as Feedback accordingly.

We appreciate the input and of course, a warm welcome to our Forum as well!

I wonder if there is a way to export your model to google earth, which oculus has an app for that, and view it natively in that format.