I use mm in system settings and Cm in the viewport in 3ds max. With live link, displacement is correct but, when I export a .vrscene and open in Vantage, displacement units get converted with the wrong units. I have 1cm max displacement in the material and corona displacement mod. but in Vantage that 1cm becomes 10cm. I have to give it a max of 0.1cm in 3ds max corona material, to get the correct 1cm in Vantage. Am I doing something wrong when exporting or is this some sort of bug?
Sorry for the delay. I can’t reproduce this. Using mm as system units and cm as display units. Both live link and vrscene export seem to be producing the same result. We will need some hints how to trigger the issue. ![]()
Corona 15 HF1, Vantage 3, update 3.1
I used a standard Max Bitmap as the displacement map in Max.
Thanks. I did found the issue at the time… it was my mistake.
I was using xrefs for the barns, and in a couple of them, the units missmatch, so when I exported it used the units of the xref and not of the main exported file. it was solved, just merged the barns to a file with the correct units.
Thanks for sharing the solution! I am sure it will be helpful if other users run into the same issue. Perhaps we could also detect a situation like this and at least warn the user.


