Vantage crashes the moment I press the 'w' key

Vantage crashes the moment I press the ‘w’ key. Multiple errors keep popping up. What could be the reason for this?

Hello numan_3d,

Does this happen on any scene or only in a specific one? Can you send us:

  • the debug_log.txt from %AppData%\Chaos\Vantage.
  • Vantage_########_######.dmp located in %temp%
  • Hardware and system specs of your workstation.

From the screenshots it looks like you are running out of memory which may not be true but once you provide us with the files we can tell you more.

Best regards,
Alexander

vantage_debug.rar (134.3 KB)

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090

96gb RAM

Hello. I’m only experiencing this error in certain scenes. It wasn’t happening until recently. I don’t know if it’s the graphics card driver causing it. All my drivers are up to date. Have a good day.

‘W’ activates the Move tool, so it starts drawing the gizmo and selection overlay. I guess the error has something to do with that. There are no such issues known to us, so it is probably specific to your scene. Can you share a scene that crashes? Also, can you try some older builds of Vantage? If can be helpful if we know it started happening after a specific version.

I’ve experienced this problem in almost 2 out of the last 10 scenes I’ve worked on. After pressing the ‘w’ key and moving the cursor, these errors pop up repeatedly on the screen, and when I click ‘OK’, Vantage closes. I updated Vantage 3.3 and the Nvidia driver simultaneously. I think this is the cause. If I encounter another scene where this happens, I’ll let you know. Thank you for your attention.