Vantage Crashes

Hi! I’m opening a .vrscene exported from 3ds Max.
After it’s opened and the status bar says “Scene Ready” I get a Vantage Crashed! message. Here’s the minidump.

Thank you!

Using Vantage 1.6.1, Same scene opens fine in 1.4.2
Vantage_b1253933_p5436.zip (54.8 KB)

Is it possible to send us the scene ?

Greetings,
Vladimir Nedev

A little more info will also help us figure out the issue:
1. is it a large scene that barely fits into GPU memory ?
2. are you using multiple GPUs with Vantage ?
3. can you attach the log from “%appdata%/Chaos Group/Vantage” (you have to copy it right after the crash happens, as starting Vantage again will overwrite it) ?

Greetings,
Vladimir Nedev

The scene is quite large (more than 1GB archived) I’ll try and upload it later, as I’m heading into a deadline this afternoon. (can you give me an email address to send you the file? I don’t want to publish it here publicly)

1) It’s a very large scene. When I open it in vantage 1.4.2 it says it doesn’t fit and gives me the option to load it with GPU allocations off. Once I select yes, it opens fine (of course it’s sluggish, but I don’t have a very powerfull GPU).
2) No, just a GTX 1660 Ti with 6GB
3. I had to uninstall vantage 1.6 and reinstall 1.4.2 as I need to use it this afternoon. I tried 1.5.3, it also crashes. Once I’m done with the deadline I’ll reinstall 1.6 and send you the log.

Thank you!

Ok, no hurry, my e-mail is vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , you can send the scene there.

Greetings,
Vladimir Nedev