Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share Projects with Guests

Hi,

Is it possible to let us share project folders with guests so that they don't have to create an account? Especially useful for sharing sample work with potential client inquiries. Had a request for a sample 360 panorama and wanted to show it complete with clickable hotspots for multiple views, but the client was not able to view the entire project without registering for an account.
    Another feature that would be AMAZING would be the ability to host 360 panoramas on other websites... Any chances of this happening?

Best,
    Charles
    DESIGNS RENDERED, LLC

Current Hardware Setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5095x
    • 64 GB DDR RAM
    • 2x Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti w/ NVLINK 48GB vram total

Hi,

You can share the entire folder publicly with hotspots and everything by using share option on the folder itself and selecting “Anyone can view/comment” and sharing opinions on the individual panoramas can be left to “Same as parent”.
    For embedding 360 panoramas on different site we have something in the works but as a feature this will require another set of user customization that we haven’t decided yet how to proceed.

Cheers,
    Martin
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0349.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1211759 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0350.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1211758

Comment

I just rechecked this functionality and seem that hotspots are indeed not visible when panorama tour is visited anonymously. We will look into it and report here when is restored, thanks for reporting the issue!

Comment

The issue has been resolved, and hotspots for anonymous users should now function as expected. Thank you once again for reporting it!
        Last edited by martin_dimitrov; 08-07-2024, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Hi and thanks for the feedback! I'm glad the bug is now fixed!

As for the feature request, as Martin has pointed out - we have discussed the ability for embed Virtual Tours on external websites and is something that is indeed in the works - we are clarifying the requirements and priority for this feature.
          If you have anything specific in mind in addition to being able to simply copy an embedding code for a Virtual Tour, please let us know!

Much appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Vasil
          Vasil Garbev
          Product Manager
          Chaos Cloud Collaboration​

Comment

Thanks for looking into this. However, I don't seem to have that option available when trying to share a project folder. It seems to be locked in at "invited only" and there is no drop-down menu available. It's like that on both the main page with all of my projects and also inside the project itself.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-10 141051.png
Views:	132
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	1211917

Originally posted by martin_dimitrov View Post
            Hi,

You can share the entire folder publicly with hotspots and everything by using share option on the folder itself and selecting “Anyone can view/comment” and sharing opinions on the individual panoramas can be left to “Same as parent”.
            For embedding 360 panoramas on different site we have something in the works but as a feature this will require another set of user customization that we haven’t decided yet how to proceed.

Cheers,
            Martin

Name:	IMG_0349.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1211759 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0350.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1211758

DESIGNS RENDERED, LLC

Current Hardware Setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5095x
            • 64 GB DDR RAM

Comment

Yes mainly to be able to embed these on my personal website for example. In the past I've used platforms like "Momento360" Pros: Easy to embed, clean UI / Cons: No hotspots or linking between panoramas.

Again for my use, having a clean and lightweight user interface for the purposes of sharing presentations would be the most useful feature.

I look forward to seeing how this service evolves and will continue to check on it from time to time.

best,
              Charles

Originally posted by vasil_garbev View Post
              Hi and thanks for the feedback! I'm glad the bug is now fixed!

As for the feature request, as Martin has pointed out - we have discussed the ability for embed Virtual Tours on external websites and is something that is indeed in the works - we are clarifying the requirements and priority for this feature.
              If you have anything specific in mind in addition to being able to simply copy an embedding code for a Virtual Tour, please let us know!

Much appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Vasil
              DESIGNS RENDERED, LLC

Current Hardware Setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5095x
              • 64 GB DDR RAM

Comment

Originally posted by charles_messenger View Post
                Thanks for looking into this. However, I don't seem to have that option available when trying to share a project folder. It seems to be locked in at "invited only" and there is no drop-down menu available. It's like that on both the main page with all of my projects and also inside the project itself.

For the sharing - you can only publicly share Folders inside Projects as well as individual files and virtual tours.
                Since the last update, we have moved the hotspots and highlights to a dedicated Virtual Tours object that can be shared as a whole tour.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-10 141051.png Views:	0 Size:	339.7 KB ID:	1211917

Best regards!

Vasil
                Attached Files
                Vasil Garbev
                Product Manager

Comment

For the sharing - you can only publicly share Folders inside Projects as well as individual files and virtual tours.
                  Since the last update, we have moved the hotspots and highlights to a dedicated Virtual Tours object that can be shared as a whole tour.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-10 141051.png Views:	0 Size:	339.7 KB ID:	1211917

Best regards!

Vasil
                  AWESOME! Thank you, I was able to get it to work this way. I've noticed several quality of life improvements as well. Looking forward to seeing this service grow and hopefully being able to push it towards my own clients.
                  DESIGNS RENDERED, LLC

Current Hardware Setup:
                  • Ryzen 9 5095x
                  • 64 GB DDR RAM

Comment

Originally posted by charles_messenger View Post

AWESOME! Thank you, I was able to get it to work this way. I've noticed several quality of life improvements as well. Looking forward to seeing this service grow and hopefully being able to push it towards my own clients.
                    Glad you are liking the improvements. More updates are constantly coming, we are very actively growing the service to offer more value in the AEC space!
                    Vasil Garbev
                    Product Manager

Comment

Our (small) team is really excited about the virtual tours, we've used Enscape almost daily for a while but the previous sharing/tour method (pre-Chaos) was pretty clunky. Now that we have access to the Chaos Cloud Collaboration it's showing a lot of promise. Just wanted to chime in and say that the option for embedding/iframe/etc so that we could host the virtual tours on our own webpages would be a huge plus. Just prior to the Chaos acquisition we were investigating other virtual tour providers, and those that offered embedding were always preferred. It sounds like something is already in the works here though which is great to hear.

Another comment on the current sharing workflow, is it possible to share *just* the virtual tour? Currently when we share a virtual tour people are able to 'exit' out of the tour and return to the project page. We'd prefer for people to not be able to see the project page (sometimes contains other files, doesn't look as nice, can confuse people, etc.) and instead just have access to the virtual tour alone.

Comment

Hey charles_messenger and dale_whittenbury I wanted to quickly update you that we now officially support Embedding in Chaos Cloud. Follow this quick tutorial and you will be able to embed Virtual tours and really any image/panorama/folder you may want. We will be improving this feature and make it easier to use in the near future and we are already working on some of the other suggestions in this thread!

Let us know if you have any issues with the embedding! Hope you like it!

Best Regards,
                        Vasil
                        Vasil Garbev
                        Product Manager

Comment

You can see how the result looks and feels on our Chaos Cloud Product Page - https://www.chaos.com/cloud !
                          Last edited by vasil_garbev; 04-10-2024, 03:55 AM.
                          Vasil Garbev
                          Product Manager

Comment

Hey charles_messenger and dale_whittenbury I wanted to quickly update you that we now officially support Embedding in Chaos Cloud. Follow this quick tutorial and you will be able to embed Virtual tours and really any image/panorama/folder you may want. We will be improving this feature and make it easier to use in the near future and we are already working on some of the other suggestions in this thread!

Let us know if you have any issues with the embedding! Hope you like it!

Best Regards,
                            Vasil
                            Awesome! I will have to play around with this and test it out, but looks very promising. Thanks for the update!
                            DESIGNS RENDERED, LLC

Current Hardware Setup:
                            • Ryzen 9 5095x
                            • 64 GB DDR RAM

Comment

Hey vasil_garbev, I wanted to update that I was able to successfully embed a virtual tour on my website and the process was very straight forward so thank you for the helpful tutorial.

https://www.designsrenderedllc.com/services

I have a few other suggestions / thoughts / requests
                              1. Can the cookie pop-up banner be disabled? If you take a look at the linked site above, you can see the cookie banner is REALLY intrusive and covers most of the embedded tour.
                              2. Would it be possible to have the views do an auto rotate so they slowly move on their own?
                              3. Could you add [+] and [-] buttons for zoom controls? When scrolling on a page, the embedded tour zooms in and out very aggressively.
                              DESIGNS RENDERED, LLC

Current Hardware Setup:
                              • Ryzen 9 5095x
                              • 64 GB DDR RAM

Comment

Working...
                              X