Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsupported Materials w/ vray cloud

Hi,
    I've been having an issue with vray cloud. When I analyze, a bunch of unsupported material errors appear.
    The scene renders normally on my local machine.

If I ignore the errors, the cloud renders the scene with no materials.
    I'm thinking the error might be related to a Poliigon material that I imported... I did delete the material, and the issue is still happening.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    thx

Give Ranch render a go.

They have 30$ EURO test credit, online support (that doesnt take 4 days to reply) and will be cheaper than Chaos Cloud and have a proper vray implementation that just works and has all features of the normal vray, use their Ranch script and its as easy as using Cloud.

Comment

Archvision RPC materials also not supported by the cloud.
      message to chaos crew : Can this be fixed ?? ... please !

Comment

Any reason why having an unsupported material would stop regular supported materials from working?

Any potential solutions? Thanks!

Comment

If the problem is plainly in the Physical Materials, you can just run the converter (right click in the viewport - "V-Ray scene converter") and there is a tick for the Phys -> VMtl transition.

And for the RPCs, it's not that simple. The plugin does some things at render time which we don't have access to. I'll check again with our devs if we can do anything on our end, but I'm a bit skeptical.
          If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

Thank you both for the help.
            The RPC materials were clearly the problem. I have deleted them all and then converted everything again and all is good.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X