Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Materials not working

Hi,

I'm currently trying out cloud rendering for the first time and I can't make my materials work correctly in the cloud rendering preview. When rendering on my PC the normal way, everything looks as it should, but in the cloud preview there are problems with the skin material and the displacement map.

The skin shader is made of a VRayMtl and a VRayFastSSS2 material, combined with a VRayBlendMtl. The maps were plugged into MultiTile maps (+Bitmaps), but since that didn't work at all in the cloud preview and caused several warnings, I replaced them with composite maps (+VRayBitmaps), but these alter the result (maybe wrong layer mode? I used 'normal' on the picture, but tried several and none worked fine). When the BlendMtl is assigned to the skin, SSS only works on the last tile.

For displacement, I assigned a displacement modifier, which worked fine when rendering on my PC the normal way, but in the cloud preview (again) only the last tile gets displaced and then also too much (maybe again due to the composite map, because I am not sure if I am using it correctly).
    I tried to replace the displacement with normal and bump maps, but those don't really work either (only the lips get a bit bumpy, but the rest is not affected).

I would appreciate it very much, if you could help me get the same results from cloud rendering as my usual renderings!
    Thanks in advance!​

Dear jordis_wieser​, hello.

Excuse us for the delayed response.
    We were unable to find any Cloud jobs with the e-mail you are registered with at Chaos Forums.
    You haven't mentioned the host platform either, but maybe you are referring to V-Ray for 3dsMax or V-Ray for Maya.
    Without being able to find your Cloud history, we are guessing about this too.

Please share with us the jobID which can be easily found when you open the specific job and look at the address bar.
    Example:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	167
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	1182119

Waiting for your answer.
    Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Hello,

I'm sorry for the lack of information.

I am using VRay for 3ds Max and was talking about the preview function next to the submit button, so I probably don't have a jobID.
      I didn't want to buy credits without knowing if everything's working fine and thus used the preview button.

Thanks for helping me!
      Jordis

Comment

Sounds understandable now, thank you.
        If you click on Analyze are some warnings listed?
        Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
        3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

In the beginning, when I was using Bitmaps and MultiTile maps, there where a lot warnings about these, but since I replaced all of them with VRayBitmaps and Composite maps, there are no warnings anymore.
          I might be using the composite maps wrong though, because I've never used them before and coudn't find any tutorials. Is there a specific layer mode, I have to set?
          I would prefer to use my old layout with multiTiles though, if possible.

Comment

Hi, could you send your scene and assets trough the support contact form for review?
            Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X