An "old" one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An "old" one

...you've perhaps already seen on a cg board.

great work! make me remember the film 'lost in space'

Comment

Cool image!

I would love to know more about the image and what is behind it! Can you say something about it and the technic that you have used?

Gonçalo

Comment

Cool render Bio, very nice mats. I would love to see it as a "sphere" render.
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

groovy idea, great image

Comment

Lovely

yeah I remember seeing this on CGTalk a while back.
            www.blindleader.tk

Comment

Here's a close-up of the astronaut. As you can see, I've been a bit lazy about finishing the character.

The only bitmap is the one used to texturize a burger (I must admit).

Here's the comment I've wrote in my WWW pages.

"I've had a strange MSN chat with a friend this afternoon, about lightspeed, mass, energy transfers, tendencies to infinite... Huh ! It was totally weird and nonsense (cause we aren't scientists, and we're french, perhaps). Then this sunday became rainy around Montreal, VERY rainy... Then I decided to do some homework in CG. This poor guy has gone a little bit too fast. Here's an electronic microscope view."

It was fun to make, very quick and intuitive.
              The way you'd like it to go.

The technique is quite simple: It's a remix of the well known (now) and exploited "Fall-off-who-wants-to-be-a-microscope"... Put a falloff in the diffuse and the self-illum slots (using the camera Z), tweak a bit, then use a vraydispl mod to give the whole thing a little bit of bumps (The birger bitmap)...
              For this image, add some DOF, then a bit of 2D tweaking (actually a previous lo-res render I've repainted then put in the environment's back (screen)... then re-rendered with the geometry againg (the black frames around some parts of the planet / pollen are coming from there).
              See how interations are missing in the DOF...

Here we are.

Sound strange for me to re-explain all the stuff, but, hey, it was made with Vray !!

Comment

lol looks great, nice fresh idea.

-dave
                Cheers,
                -dave
                ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
                X