X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simply amazed.

Comment

hey

stunning. Great Job,. and nice attention to detail. Were did you get your hrdi's from if you dont mind. they looked great.
      Ruben Gil
      www.spvisionz.com
      www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

Alex that's truly amazing. Incredible and humbling at the same time. One of the best pieces I've ever seen.

Please stop showing this film - I don't want clients seeing this.
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

I really don't know what to say. I kept on waiting to see something that stood out as "clearly 3D" but there was nothing. Never thought I'd be so interested in a few cameras. Absolutely flawless.
          ...learning more every day...

Comment

Wonderful piece of work, your talent is incredible !!

My crits would be :

- Music sounds sometimes amateurish, especially the violin which is really synthetic & the sound of the wind, you deserve a perfect soundtrack that can match the perfection of your CG

- Too much DOF, especially too much focus changes. Somtimes to focus from or towards nothing intresting (focus foliage when you want to see the building, focus lost on the floor, etc.) I know that the principle of the short is based on old school cameras, and lost of focus might be a gimmick but it's overused imho

- When all this prefect post, I've noticed a not so perfect integration of the pages in the end, maybe a simple color adjustment to be done.

- Bilbao titanium scales are really hard to do, and it's still not perfect (even if they're the best I've seen so far!)

But don't get me wrong, those crits are minor and/or subjective

Instead of asking you your workflow in detail, I'd rather want to know how many hours/days/months/years/nights you spent on this short? Just to know if your are human or extra terrestrial
            Philippe Steels
            Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

Unbelievable folks! Thanks so much to all of you What can i say...

@Valo: Yep, Vray+EWQLSO did the trick!

@Pixelab: You're absolutely right about your comments, especially on the music one. This was my first attempt at MIDI orchestration

Timming in total, about one and a half year, with several stoppages during development and some self-training months between...

Cheers,
              A.
              Last edited by 3Seventh; 05-01-2010, 01:40 PM.
              www.thirdseventh.com

Comment

This is the most visually stunning architectural animation I have ever seen. I could not turn away. Absolutely amazing! Perfect even! You put a lot of thought and work into it and it shows. Wow.

I think the wind turbines start off a bit too harsh...a bit too mechanical. So there....it's not perfect but really really really close.
                Paul

Comment

Incredible, I've been impressed with your stills in the past I am beyond impressed by the animation.
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

Wonderful. Is this your full-time job or is this done on the side?
                    Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

beautiful and wonderful!
                      :: twitter :: Portfolio :: My 3D Products :: ...and ::

Comment

I skiped to the last page after watching the short just to not be too self concious of how sucky my comment on this will be in comparison to what I feel about it.

So here goes; thank you for your share on saving my belief in beauty and function as values that can be incorporated in communicacional objects while making them useful mindful art. I type this in the most unpretentions way I know in this moment where I am overwhelmed by joy simply because I watched your short.
                        Thank you and congratulations for making it.

Comment

Hi Alex, Did you use Vraystorm?

Thanks,

Fernando
                          show me the money!!

Comment

After seeing this yesterday morning i was in a really good mood the whole day,
                            feeling like i have experienced something unique and special.

I think this is the whole point of art.

To bring some joy into the life of people through your work.

Thank you so much for this!
                            Reflect, repent and reboot.
                            Order shall return.

Comment

You are so talented I could cry...
                              MDI Digital
                              moonjam

Comment

This is the best work, i´ve ever seen. Congratulations!
                                www.lichtecht.de
                                www.lichtecht-traumhaus.de
                                like us on facebook:
                                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lichte...60602113968021

Comment

Working...
                                X