awesome. especially the organic stuff.
    Nat Saiger
    Portfolio

Comment

Excellent. Really amazing stuff.
      Richard De Souza

www.themanoeuvre.com

Comment

I'm truly technically and visually amazed. Nice start of 2010. Thank You!

All newcomers making showreels are starting from scratch again after this
        - Nizzen -

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
          Amazing work! as usual from you..Great rendering quality, excellent artistic eye, camera moves,etc....I feel like i'm so far a away to produce something like that it's inspiring and depresing at the same time!!!...I hate you, Alex Roman

Fernando

Exactly how I feel...now the choices are, do I give up and do something completely different or rise to the challenge of possibly trying to achieve that level of beauty. Absolutely stunning and very emotional stuff !
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I second that !
            =:-/
            Laurent

Comment

Thirded, I have similar feelings about people like Lionel Messi; respect, envy and resignation
              www.peterguthrie.net
              www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
              www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Words don't describe how inspiring it was to watch your movie. Only emotions can, & I felt plenty watching it.

On behalf of ALL CG artists who watch it - THANKS for helping us dream bigger dreams

Cheers
                Jamie

Comment

This post is getting some pretty big numbers in terms of replies and views! I thought I could be one more... Totally agree with all the feedback you have had here, and hopefully one day looking forward to knowing more about the rigged trees, your workflow/lighting/camera/colour mapping and GI... I have watched and studied your animation a bunch of times now. And even made the mistake of showing it to a client. Like others have said. I am starting my showreel over. Thanks for raising the bar. Alan
                  Hey, I need a job...

http://givealajob.com

Comment

Hahaha...that comparison to Lionel Messi is damn freaking funny. But hits the spot. Unless you are a van Basten fan. But that is a all different story.

Comment

Im wondering if the trees were done by normal bone rigging with a wind modifier somehow applied to the bones (not done this before) and then the animation burnt in. Then I guess turned to animatable vray proxies. I might try that now actually
                      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Incredible. Inspirational. Emotional.

Simply superb.

Comment

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
                          Im wondering if the trees were done by normal bone rigging with a wind modifier somehow applied to the bones (not done this before) and then the animation burnt in. Then I guess turned to animatable vray proxies. I might try that now actually
                          Go for it Steve, I'd be interested in your findings
                          www.peterguthrie.net
                          www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                          www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

And if you do go for it please do a little tutorial on it, I have no idea what "animation burnt in" means in that context.
                            Last edited by Mikokariadis; 16-01-2010, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Will do guys. Ive just seen another tutorial for using flex and weights...but it may be naff..will give some feedback in another thread without risking hijacking this one

So, back to this one. Alex..Im very interested in your process for creating the flicker free animations with vray especially with all the moving trees. Would you be able to share your process for doing this ?
                              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Nice to see that you got the image on the ground glass of the large format camera inverted! Not many people nowdays would know to do that, haha Was the scene actually refracted onto the glass? Or was it a texture map?

Nice color grading and comp work too, very photographic feel
                                Last edited by Buck; 17-01-2010, 01:44 PM.
                                www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X