No announcement yet.

GPU benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok after fiddling enormously with my new titan x (watercooled, modified bios, overvolt, overclocked core and ram)

1525mhz core 4040mhz ram.

my results with vray 3.20.03 and 353.06 nvidia drivers:

benchmark 1: 1m 22 seconds

benchmark 2: 8m 36 seconds

its not the highest result i got, (8m 22 seconds on benchmark 2, 1560mhz core, 4100mhz ram) but i was getting some major instability (sometimes driver crash on render end, sometimes not) so ive dialled things back until im stable.

interestingly, unlike in games, overclocking the ram seems to have as much, if not more effect than overclocking the core.

to be honest i was hoping for bigger gains considering the amount of fiddling ive done, but its possible my card isnt among the bet overclockers out there, i got the cheapest one i could find online.

Comment

• ok so it turns out i still had the cuda ptx optimisation manually disabled, from some earlier issues with another build.

with that env variable removed, my times are:

benchmark 1: 1m 15.5 seconds.

benchmark 2: 7m 54 seconds.

thats a bit more like it.

Comment

• Nvidia K6000
        Driver 3.53.82

3DS Max 2016 SP1
        Vray RT 3.20.03

benchmark 2: 13m 8.4 seconds.

Seems freaking slow to me.
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
        Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Well, quadro are not designed to render, they are only designed to be better at viewport, although this can be debated.

Stan
          3LP Team

Comment

• Originally posted by eyepiz View Post
            Nvidia K6000
            Driver 3.53.82

3DS Max 2016 SP1
            Vray RT 3.20.03

benchmark 2: 13m 8.4 seconds.

Seems freaking slow to me.
            Are you using CUDA or OpenCL ?
            V-Ray fan.
            Looking busy around GPUs ...
            RTX ON

Comment

• Originally posted by savage309 View Post
              Are you using CUDA or OpenCL ?
              It was set to CUDA I just opened the scene ant hit render.
              Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• As far as I know both GTX as Quadro series use the exact same CUDA protocols, so when using the GPU as a GPGPU device (what you do during CUDA processes) the optimisations should be identical.

Comment

• if you look at this chart :
                  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...A0k/edit#gid=0

You'll see that the K6000 is somewhat the same as the Titan X and that with only one card, the benchmark 2.0 should be done in about 11m14.
                  Not sure why yours is doing 13m, it's a bit slower, might be the drivers that are a bit slower for that particular version, but you're still around the same ballpark, although for pure cuda computing, the K6000 is so much more expensive compared to the Titan X...

Stan
                  3LP Team

Comment

• Originally posted by 3LP View Post
                    if you look at this chart :

You'll see that the K6000 is somewhat the same as the Titan X and that with only one card, the benchmark 2.0 should be done in about 11m14.
                    Not sure why yours is doing 13m, it's a bit slower, might be the drivers that are a bit slower for that particular version, but you're still around the same ballpark, although for pure cuda computing, the K6000 is so much more expensive compared to the Titan X...

Stan
                    In fact, it is K6000 (not M6000), which is expected to be ~30% slower compared to M6000 (according to NVidia).
                    V-Ray fan.
                    Looking busy around GPUs ...
                    RTX ON

Comment

• So I found this interesting...I was looking up recommended drivers for 3DS Max 2016 on Autodesks website and see that the Quadro drivers are recommended and certified for the Nvidia Titan and Titan Z? could this be correct?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nvidia Driver.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	858336
                      Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• 4 x Titan X - 30s

Name:	4xTitanX.jpg
Size:	332.8 KB
ID:	858352

edit:

8 X Titan X = 14s

Think maybe the scene is "too easy" to test with more power?
                        Last edited by AlexP; 18-09-2015, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• 1x 780 Ti 3gb
                          1x 580 3gb
                          Driver: 347.25

1min 17.5s

Name:	580 + 780ti.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	858360

3gb vram is not much. Can't decide between Titan X or Titan Z unfortunately, needing more vram.
                          As I understand Titan Z is dual Titan Black? Will 6gb be enough?

Comment

• If you can afford, go for Titan X, if you can't go for 980 i
                            Depends on the scene you'll work with either 6Gb or 12Gb

Stan
                            3LP Team

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexP View Post
                              4 x Titan X - 30s
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]26019[/ATTACH]

edit:

8 X Titan X = 14s

Think maybe the scene is "too easy" to test with more power?
                              Use benchmark 2.0, it has been designer to suit bigger GPU systems :

Should take about 1min to render with your 8 Titan X.
                              By the way, do you DR to get the 8 Titan X working? If so, from your wrkstn to the two nodes or from one node DR to the other?

Stan
                              3LP Team

Comment

• Originally posted by 3LP View Post
                                Use benchmark 2.0, it has been designer to suit bigger GPU systems :

Should take about 1min to render with your 8 Titan X.
                                By the way, do you DR to get the 8 Titan X working? If so, from your wrkstn to the two nodes or from one node DR to the other?

Stan
                                4 in my workstation, and 4 in another.

Ill check out the benchmark 2, will also test with 12 Titan X, out of interest.

So far seems to scale quite linearly I guess

Comment

Working...
                                X