No announcement yet.

GPU benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the quick reply! Definatly no throttling going on though, while rendering it's at a steady 1130Mhz all the way through, temperatures stabilize around 77 to 82 degrees which is the normal operating temperature for the Titan X (the fan will only start serious work when it goes over 83 degrees, a function meant to keep the card silent while gaming.)

Will try to see if there are any differences while rendering it from another workstation using DR, otherwise I'll just wait for a new node with just 2 TitanX's to try again and see if it's the different GPU families causing the trouble.

Comment

• Could anybody who is using the Titan-X for rendering and getting times comparable to the times listed in the benchmarks tell me what driver they are using? I'm still having trouble getting it up to speed and heard there can be large differences between the used drivers. It's a bit disappointing to see the Titan-X only reach the benchmark scores of the GTX-970 :P.

Comment

• i re-rendered both benchmark scene just to be sure with my results

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.0.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	858402

Name:	2.0.JPG
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	858403

1:32 version 1.0

9:56 version 2.0

and still waiting for my 2nd zotac 980ti ref.

Comment

• Nice times! Which Nvidia driver are you using?

Comment

• here it is,

Name:	hereits.JPG
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	858404

Comment

• im using 353.06 for my titan x and im getting results in line with expectations.

Comment

• The driver version is written right next to the name of the card in the benchmark so it's easy for people to have that info as it can be quite important.
                Anyways, I'm using the 350.12 on my 4x Titan X and the 353.30 on my 3x Titan X rig.
                Both work as expected with time, but I use EVGA to force fans at 100% as I don't want and speed reduction managed from the card heat.
                Actually I even OC my cards at +215 this means my 7 card OC rig is actually equivalent to a 8 default card rig

Stan
                3LP Team

Comment

• cant wait for someone to bench this 990ti

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-990-t...rked-reviewed/
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by cray-zard; 28-09-2015, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• its hard to tell from your post, if you realise that was a joke article..

Comment

• my freakin friend fooled me, he wanted me to feel bad for purchasing the ti's, jokes on me.. feeling too stupid for posting this..

Comment

• Benchmark Version 2.0

Titan X: 10m 29.4s
                        Titan X + 3 Titans: 3m 27.9s

Nvidia Driver 355.82

Name:	Titan X + (3) Titans.jpg
Size:	421.9 KB
ID:	858484

Name:	Titan X.jpg
Size:	424.4 KB
ID:	858483
                        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
                        Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Sorry for the noob questions, but how do you manage to get up to 8 Titans working in a single machine?
                          https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

• Some high-end server motherboards have 8 PCI/e x 16 slots spaced for double height GPU cards to be placed. The most I have seen on consumer and workstation boards is 7 though, and always spaced for single slot cards, which means you could fit 4 cards next to each other at most. If you want to be creative you could make a custom case to mount 7 double height cards in and connect them to the motherboard via PCI-risers. Seen mixed results with that method though so I would't go down that road with little experience in pc building.

Comment

• Damn, Stan. 7 Titan X's! That is some serious power right there.

One question for all of you: How fast is the Vray RT GPU with Brute Force compared to Octane?

I know that Vray has the benefit of LC too, but can Vray RT GPU compete on speed with a highly optimized BF GPU render as Octane?
                              Last edited by WilleViz; 02-11-2015, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Yes it's pretty cool

Don't know for octane VS RT, but LC helps a lot! And I can't wait to have IR on GPU as that's gonna be a even bigger game changer!

If you have a scene that we can convert to octane, I'll be happy to bench them out and see how they compare to each other.

Stan
                                3LP Team

Comment

Working...
                                X