No announcement yet.

Daniel Craig as James Bond WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it has nothing to do with the AA or even lighting ( yes lighting influence) I think it's more about adding more strand that go out of direction a bit, to create more variations into the haircut, it's too well combed at the moment I think. I will also add one more side to the hairs, cause now they are 3 side hairs, but at 4 sides, it get much better reflection (but it's slower to render!) , so let's see how it will look, I may also try to increase slightly the radius of the hairs to see, also, I will add some color variation into the hairs, I'll show you the update once it's done and let's see how it will looks.
    Last edited by Bigguns; 23-09-2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigguns View Post
      I will also add one more side to the hairs, cause now they are 3 side hairs, but at 4 sides, it get much better reflection (but it's slower to render!) , so let's see how it will look, I may also try to increase slightly the radius of the hairs to see, also, I will add some color variation into the hairs, I'll show you the update once it's done and let's see how it will looks.
      Are you using geometry hair for this?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes I am,

do you have a better suggestion ?

*EDIT : With the vrayhairfarm mod is it rendering it as geometry too?
        Last edited by Bigguns; 23-09-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

*EDIT : With the vrayhairfarm mod is it rendering it as geometry too?
          No; they are rendered as hair primitives.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

and what does it change? is it suppose to make them look more realistic then poly?

Comment

and what does it change? is it suppose to make them look more realistic then poly?
              It saves a lot of memory and renders faster; it also allows you to use the VRayHairMtl material, which does look a lot more realistic.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

If I use poly I can't use vrayhair shader? I tried it and it work and I found it do not look better to me for light hairs and when it's light hair like blond, it became really slow if I crank up the reflection in the vray hair shader.
                Yeah for the memory that's for sure haha. Do you have a scene set up to send me of medium blond hairs that look realistic ? I can test it out

Comment

If I use poly I can't use vrayhair shader?
                  Something will render out, but in most cases it won't look like anything.

Yeah for the memory that's for sure haha. Do you have a scene set up to send me of medium blond hairs that look realistic ? I can test it out
                  With hair farm?

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

yes with hairfarm please, maybe an exemple with hair and fur and one with hairfarm

and yes, in polygon the vrayhair shader do not look good, my custom shader look much better on poly hairs. also just out of subject but lol can you add opacity slot for sss2 in Vray 3, it's so a pain in the... to always have to blend it with a vrayblend etc

Comment

here's an update on the hairs..

Comment

You are using cusom writen hair shader or just a mix of blend materials? If so I would suggest to go to vray hair shader there is big difference between them that you cant really reproduce...

Also this new renders looks quite a bit better!

However I'm still missing a soft layer of facial curved hair. I'm not sure how strong Daniel would have them but its something I think should be there. Also its not everywhere but only in certain areas as far as I can tell... have a look at crops I've added.Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	428.9 KB
ID:	850013
                        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

In this scene there is no light, only HDRI, I never get the hairfarm look really well in a pure hdri lighting, my custom blend of shader is working not bad at all .

I have the facial curved hairs, just that this render is too small to see it well... I add more, to make it denser, but it takes longer to render..

I join a render of a close up so you can see them and I started a render with more density.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Oh right then, I guess I expected it slightly bigger. When I look at beauty retouching images I did in past I always could see facial hair in that resolution... in any case try proper vray shader for hair rather than blends.
                            CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

My blend I found was working better with light hairs and especially for reflection and I have more control. I also have scattering in the hairs and I can also add easily back scattering effect... so don't think it's a simple blend

here's some exemple in action of my shader

Click image for larger version

Name:	new head283.jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	850023Click image for larger version

Name:	new head284.jpg
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	850024Click image for larger version

Name:	new head164.jpg
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	850025Click image for larger version

Name:	new head166.jpg
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	850026Click image for larger version

Name:	new head167.jpg
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	850027

Comment

I did extensive test with the vray hair shader, there is some thing I like more and some less, but I understood a couple of things that might help me to get better result then before, and yes you need to use the vray hairfarm mod.. otherwise rendered in poly it do not look good.. but one thing I don't like, is that the reflection on the hair look like to be flat, like if you do a big render, you see that the hair is like just a flat plane facing us.. so you don't feel it's spherical.. wich is making not good looking relfection..

Comment

Working...
                                X