Daniel Craig as James Bond WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Vlado,

I have a big problem with the Vrayhairfarm modifier, when it renders the hairs, it's SO STEPPY! it's like a stair... no matter how I put addiotionnal steps.. it look like it's exporting the guides instead of the hairs in the vray hairfarm mod.. so how can I get smooth hairs?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	skin shader avec reflection 219 S.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	850039Hi all,

an other lighting, and I played with the contrast and saturation in photoshop, it was lit with a bluish tinted light...

How do you find it? I think I prefer this lighting( I flushed the hdri and added lights instead), I'm making some little change and will post an other render maybe tomorrow

Comment

From this angle it looks like maybe he has too much hair on his forehead?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado.

Yeah, the lighting make the small blond hairs come out more, so I already reworked yesterday, some were too long and some were too short.. and overall they were too big, next render should be better and I modified the diffuse a bit too.

What about an option to smooth out the hairs curve in the vray hairfarm modifier? Because now I can't use it, my hairs are so jagged it look's like staircase. so no choice to keep it in polygons.
          And I found that vray hairfarm mtl has a problem with the reflection when use with hdri without direct light, they became really really dark and no reflect in them.. they absolutely need a direct light to get specular, I will post tonight the test I did.

Comment

Here's an update on the haircut and an other lighting test test, small grainy render for now better one to come

Name:	skin shader avec reflection 291.jpg
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	850188

Comment

OMG man...this looks awesome already!!!
              Is this just a training model or are you going to use it for something even more spectacular?
              Martin
              http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Name:	skin shader avec reflection 292 v8 Sm.jpg
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	850190Hi thank's Martin,

It's just for personnal project, just for fun

Here's an other camera angle since I did not liked the last one and with some fun in PS

Comment

Yup I do like the latest hair a lot more then previous ones.
                  CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Dadal : Great thing you like it now Those hairs are a nightmare to work with haha

Here's some more tests, wich one you prefer? I will do the cloth this weekend, it will add a lot

Comment

speechless... my god.. is more real than Daniel Craig...

Now you have to do a big job with clothes... your job with the face deserves a nice job with rest...

Comment

hey thank you

yes I will do the cloth this weekend, they are just dummy's for now

Comment

amazing really....perhaps i would put a little tiny hair on ears...everyone has them...those tiny almost transparent ones ))
                          not the ones that grow from the in
                          side though ))
                          Martin
                          http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

I believe industry term for them is peach fuzz
                            Dmitry Vinnik
                            Silhouette Images Inc.
                            ShowReel:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

yes, there is peach fuzz on the ears, as well as on the whole face, maybe it's just not so much apparent on this render. I may make it densier on the ears maybe

Comment

Playing around again, added a rim light kind.. wich one you prefer, more contrasted or less ? The uncontrasted one is almost untouch from the direct output, except a brigthness on it ( and of course dof etc)

Comment

Working...
                                X