conform brush -conform modifier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conform brush -conform modifier?

conform brush is great, but i need to selectively , and precisely apply a conform to part of a mesh, using soft selection to blend smoothly from non-conformed to conformed areas.

while conform brush works with soft selection, it also kinda doesnt.

i dont want to paint, i wish to simply conform using soft selection.

if i use brush, i have to paint over mesh, which at 1 million polys plus, gets me about 1 brush position update a year. due to this, its impossible to get it all perfectly with one stroke. zooming out till brush is bigger than model doesnt seem to work well either.

if it doesnt work on first pass, i have to brush a second stroke.. and doing that means even if selected area is already 100% conformed, the soft selected area gets closer to target mesh on second stroke of brush. unless this aligns perfectly with first brush stroke, i get steps and wobbles in soft select area.

given a difficult shaped 3d object, i generally have to rotate model doing numerous strokes with brush to conform all nicely.. leaving soft selected area a right mess.

is there an equivalent to conform brush wiich works, ideally as a modifier and respects stack selection?

if not, why not? engine is there and works.

also if not, can somebody please make one for me in the next couple of days?

-edit- i know there is the conform spacewarp, but it works differently and does not appear to have a "face normals" direction for conforming, just a scene axis. my objects are 3d . not planes.

thanks

morpher modifier maybe?

conform brush is in edit poly mod.
    Attached Files
    Marcin Piotrowski
    youtube

Comment

Hmm...I'm intrigued by the problem but don't think there's a modifier solution to be honest. ZBrush no doubt is a good option if available.
      One suggestion (although I don't know the model type or what sort of shape or deformity you need to add) would be to create
      a separate object with the correct vertex count as your outer ring, then attach it and smooth that intersection as needed. Conform as a sub-stage could help if it's really awkward I guess.
      https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

is it possible to use a lighter version of your high res mesh then later skinwrap-morph into the final shape?
        Not sure if you have tried that but under soft selection settings you can tick " Lock Soft Selection" so it will stay the same even after changing the shape..you can also use paint/bur to adjust the transition.
        If you have access to Zbrush it might be easier to do this with it ..Match Maker brush might help here.
        -------------------------------------------------------------
        Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
        Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Maybe you can try this script: http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/sc...pline-deformer

I'm not sure what your output has to be of course. I might think of a few other things you can use if I have more information.
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I would look into this MCG modifier that does support face normal conforming, i don't know offhand if it supports stack/soft selection though. http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/mcg/va-mesh-conform
            | LinkedIn | Twitter | JCanimator.com |

Comment

Working...
            X