• Show
Clear All

• Some book maps

Thought this might be useful.

http://www.weitzcoleman.com/whatsnew.htm

--Jon

ummm...wow...

thanks

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

wow wow wow

thanks Jon, really usefull.

Mark

Comment

No problem

I guess you can't beat an anal retentive book collector who knows HTML and how to take a good photo

Thanks Weitz, Weitz & Coleman

--Jon

Comment

hey nice.. thanks

Comment

very nice and many thanks

Comment

Actually, if he had known how to take a good photo, he would have not used the flash, and shot the images with a tele lens to minimize perspective distortion so we could better use them as texture maps
              Signing out,
              Christian

Comment

True but that's easily curable with just a couple Photoshop techniques. If I get a chance, I'll show a quick tutorial on correcting for these problems.

--Jon

Comment

yeah....if you have a good tip on correcting large hilights, other than manually painting them away with cloners and paint, I'd be very eager to see a tut.
                  Anyway....my above statement was a joke. I hardly think the person responsible for the site and pictures had 3d geeks like us in mind
                  Signing out,
                  Christian

Comment

Actually I found a pretty good tute in PS about "leveling" the global lighting on an image/picture to use it as a texture in 3d.

It's kinda old but it works for me...

http://www.creativecow.net/show.php?...ing/index.html

the only thing I had to do extra sometimes, depending on how bad the change in the lighting on the image is, is in his step 2, when he talks about blurring a copy of the background w/ gausian blur to get rid of the gradient and get a full solid color, I found that if the gradient is bad/pronounced it's just easier to use the color picker, pick someone on the colored background and just make a new layer and use the bucket to fill that in. That way you'll get a nice solid color, since sometimes even blurying the the background multiple times won't completely get rid of the gradient.
                    hope this all makes sense and can help someone.

It's been quite helpfull to me in the past

paul.

Comment

yeah....if you have a good tip on correcting large hilights
                      I spoke too soon Using my technique I realized that it didn't work so well on these large broad gradients

Luckily I'm in the middle of editing texture maps I took myself and at the right time of day so I'm not running into any major editing other than increasing exposure and color matching.

I'll have to try that tut when I get a chance, thanks Paul.

--Jon

Comment

Working...
                      X