No announcement yet.

How do I convert a set of moving objects to a set of relative static objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I convert a set of moving objects to a set of relative static objects

I have a tank driving down a road and a camera that sweeps past it and also rotates around it always looking at the tank. All keyframes are baked. How do I keep all the relative animation but make the tank static at the origin? Basically I need to negate all world space movement.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Well, I managed to work this out. If I create an expression on a secondary position and rotation layer that negates all the original values of X,Y & Z it will become static. This is the expression I used: [original_posX,original_posY,original_posZ]*-1 where 3 new controllers were applied to each of the same nulls x,y & z. Same for rotation and hey presto
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

ok. This works perfectly for position but for rotation it removes most of it but not all. Very odd. These are the two rotation graphs of x,y & z. They match but the expression values are inverted. Not sure why this isn't working.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by stevesideas; 08-04-2020, 03:41 PM.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Okay. For some reason the axis order need to be changed for the float expression layer. Working perfectly now.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
        X