No announcement yet.

sea surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look good... although maybe a touch too noisy and reflective.

Athought hard to tell with teh big old gray HMAS-NDA there

Comment

I got ok results using a plane with a noise modifier for big waves and a vray displacement on top for small waves.

Comment

Sorry Gijs had to stop surfing. For the Ocean shader you will have to go to the darkside(mental ray) to render it. It is part of the lume tool shaders that came along with mental rays port to max. You will probably have to comp(a lot more hassle in know) in the sea scape into your scene.

Colin

Comment

Tom B:
          Thats looks quite nice.
          Care to share your material settins?

Comment

yeah pretty cool Tom, Gijs you result is also very good!
            settings
            =:-/
            Laurent

Comment

Yeah Tom, I'd like to know more about it. Looks good.

Here is another test I just made, scene included. Please note that I use 2.2 system gamma and gamma correction color mapping. You might wonder why the fog color is so dark. That's because it gives a much more smooth transition from from undeep to deep water. Forward/backward cooefficent is 0. Also notice that GI is turned off this scene.

the max file
              You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

i think alot of a realistic sea surface is in its bump/displacement.

I think I just used layered noise and smoke maps for the displacement.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

That looks good Percy. The sharper tops of the waves are making it look like a sea surface, that's exacly what I need. If you happen to dig up the settings, I'd be grateful
                  You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Im not sure I have the file anymore. I think the caps were the work of the smoke map. Just fiddle with it. I might have inverted it too cant recall.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

indeed it seems an inverted smoke map does the trick, still fiddling with it...

Comment

hey Gijs...is that one of these? www.palmsubmarine.com
                        Needs more cowbell

Comment

Gijs:
                          Looking good.
                          If you dont mind when you get it just right...would you mind post it here

Comment

O.K,

here is what I have now, it is a mix of smoke, wave and noise (turbulent)
                            Still not as scrisp as Percy's though...

Comment

great result!!!! Gijs
                              =:-/
                              Laurent

Comment

ooooooooo. i like

---------------------------------------------------
                                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X