Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh ok well thats good news then

Comment

Be sure to show us some samples when you've got it.
      Would like to see some before making a purchase

-- DJ

Comment

As a side-note - the renders I had on my site were done with the upcoming Vray Dome light which produced superb quality in good render times. I want to try them with the Linear Work Flow as outlined by Flipside - the results look even better. I just haven't had the time to do so yet.
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Actually, the dongle shouldn't be considered hardware any more than a CD is considered hardware. The dongle is not a memory stick, it cannot be used for anything else except for enabling the license of VRay. When you buy VRay with a dongle, you are still purchasing software.

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
            As a side-note - the renders I had on my site were done with the upcoming Vray Dome light which produced superb quality in good render times.
            If only... I anticipate the day that this will be released, however from reading previous posts, that day could be anywhere from tomorrow to next year

Such a feature would make a revolutionary difference to what we use VRay for.

-- DJ

Comment

When you buy VRay with a dongle, you are still purchasing software.
              Heheh. I'm sure customs/mail people will take one look and say - "Software Dongle!"

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
                When you buy VRay with a dongle, you are still purchasing software.
                Heheh. I'm sure customs/mail people will take one look and say - "Software Dongle!"
                Depends how its labeled. If its labeled as "Software License Key"...

Comment

Gday Jujubee, how are sales of your HDRSource Skies Vol 1 going?

Do you have any recent renders with your HDRSource skies that you can share? What's your shipping time to Australia? I'm impatient when buying online!

-- DJ

Comment

for you DJ shipping to australia is $1000 ha ha

From memory its an electronic download
                    Chris Jackson
                    Shiftmedia
                    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Nah its a post out jobbie.

Comment

I stand corrected.....
                        Chris Jackson
                        Shiftmedia
                        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Although I would have no objections if it were a downloadable iso - would still be much quicker than postage

-- DJ

Comment

Hey. I wish it was downloadable too, but at nearly a full DVD I couldn't afford to host that. This has been pointed out on several ocassions as a 'loss of sales.' By coincidence, I've contacted Turbosquid a few days ago to see if they can host something this size - my only concern with them is that they take a huge percentage from commission for almost all of their products - usually around 50%. Still waiting to hear back.

As for actual sales, they have been non-existent lately. It hasn't been advertised since December/January (since the new releases) and the search term for 'HDR' doesn't pull up the site on Google. I need to work on the ranking to drive traffic to the site (I've only understood website rankings recently), create some new libraries, then perhaps focus some energy/money (gasp) on advertising. But all this is secondary to trying to make an ordinary living. Having texture/HDR libraries for sale will not make one rich unless you've got a ton of them. Even then, you have to wonder how much piracy will take a dent out of it.

This is probably more than you wanted/needed to know. I'm open to suggestions for Internet delivery. And yes, it's snail-mail.

Comment

Damn Pirates! They really screw us small business people badly! I was actually thinking of doing some texture collections but wuth piracy I don't think I want to invest the money and time only to see my efforts stolen! Very sad that some people out there think they have a right to steal someone else's hard work and effort!

Good Luck Jujubee and I hope your sales pick up!
                              rpc212
                              - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Well, it's not too bad. Some companies have to be making somewhat of a profit to stay in business (cough Autodesk Adobe cough.) I think most of the people that make purchases would be considered organizations or businesses - if they're making a decent profit they should feel obligated to try and support the industry otherwise product development would cease altogether and we'd be stuck with GIMP and Blender.

Comment

Working...
                                X