No announcement yet.

Put your prefered antivirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I run Max it block to 26 Mo of ram and nothing appear no max start windows, I have uninstalled Kaspersky and all work fine.
    Is there a special config to use it.
    I have also antihacker tool by kaspersky.
    Thanks DaForce
    =:-/
    Laurent

Comment

DaForce Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:39 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

marco:
      Ewww.. you use the XP firewall... bleech hehehe I dont touch that.. other than to turn it off straight after install.
      you don't use it because it's from Microsoft?
      I tested the XP firewall at www.grc.com "shieldsup" and all my ports are "stealth" eg. invisible on the internet.
      I once had another firewall which didn't give me this perfect result..

Comment

No i dont use it because its crap IMO and I dont need/want to use a software firewall.
        Its generally a pain in the ass and you cant control it as much as I would like.

Alot of tech nerds dont use it. (and im not necessarily categorizing myself as a tech nerd)

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
          No i dont use it because its crap IMO and I dont need/want to use a software firewall.
          Its generally a pain in the ass and you cant control it as much as I would like.

Alot of tech nerds dont use it. (and im not necessarily categorizing myself as a tech nerd)
          you got the nerd part right atleast
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Leave me alone damnit

Comment

AVG all the way.

I had to rebuild two comps recently cause of Norton and will never use their crap ever again. Apparently, if you moved the shortcut (2005) in the start menu (not even in startup) it will spit up a whole host of errors on boot. I ended up rebuilding cause I couldn't find any information about these errors or even if they were related to Norton... Had no idea until well after the fact. Try it for yourselves, just be sure to move em back...
              LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
              HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
              Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Im ashamed to say that Ive been using norton for the last couple of years but its realy starting to be a pain in the arse and Im also looking for a new AV app. By the looks of it Ill prob look up AVG and give that a shot.

As for fire walls, I have hardware firewalls in place but Ive also been using ZoneAlarm for a number of years and have had no real trouble with it...

-dave
                Cheers,
                -dave
                ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I had zonealarm too, and I was unlucky to have the only version that would not work together with the vrlserver... Turning it off didn't help, uninstall was the only option. It was "zonealarm security suite" if anyone is considering to buy this.
                  Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
                  X