No announcement yet.

Dell to aquire Alienware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so does this mean alienware will drop AMD or will dell aquire a loophole to sell AMD?

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

is there a restriction on dell selling AMD?

Comment

i read it somewhere there was a deal with intel that if they only sold intel they would get the chips at a special price. havent you noticed they havent sold amd in ages

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

If that is the case - Dell is making a bad bad bad move... Maybe there isn't any hope.

Sorry to hear about that Shaun - that sounds like an absolutely awful nightmare. Your restocking fees were to a reseller tho - correct?
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
            Sorry to hear about that Shaun - that sounds like an absolutely awful nightmare. Your restocking fees were to a reseller tho - correct?
            No, isn't that incredible? I ordered it direct from Alienware, custom built off their website. I would never have guessed that such a reputable (or so I thought at the time) manufacturer would do that.

Some of the slashdotters suggested that I file a fraud complaint with my credit card company, but unfortunately I did not know you could do such a thing until recently when the Maxwell crowd was talking about taking such action against NextLimit.

Shaun
            ShaunDon

Comment

Well - you can file a complaint on the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/

I had to to do that once against UHAUL for charging/lying to me about vehicle damage (I moved a fridge a couple blocks in a brand new pickup truck.) UHAUL reversed some of my charges.
              LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
              HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
              Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

im supprised that a company recognised as a top one would act that way. im certain no boxx system goes out without testing and im sure it would be a free fix if something was wrong

Comment

i told ya alienware were flaky

Comment

Working...
                  X