comparison renders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jujubee
    @Frances. I agree some people here are very partisan and do put down Maxwell users but I don't see it too much in this thread. I don't think it was fair/objective for that person to come to conclusions without posting his settings. It's a very one-sided study and can lead people down a biased path (no pun intended.)
    Big deal. It's a bad experiment, not a conspiracy against Vray. I would question the guy myself about it, but it's obvious that he doesn't speak English.

Perhaps the insult to Maxwell users didn't strike you as insulting because you're not a Maxwell user. If the Vray community doesn't understand why I would possibly use Vray and Maxwell both, then I've probably used too many words of too many syllables in this reply.
    Surreal Structures
    http://surrealstructures.com/blog

Comment

Originally posted by Frances
      Originally posted by jujubee
      @Frances. I agree some people here are very partisan and do put down Maxwell users but I don't see it too much in this thread. I don't think it was fair/objective for that person to come to conclusions without posting his settings. It's a very one-sided study and can lead people down a biased path (no pun intended.)
      Big deal. It's a bad experiment, not a conspiracy against Vray. I would question the guy myself about it, but it's obvious that he doesn't speak English.

Perhaps the insult to Maxwell users didn't strike you as insulting because you're not a Maxwell user. If the Vray community doesn't understand why I would possibly use Vray and Maxwell both, then I've probably used too many words of too many syllables in this reply.
      LOL, zing!

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Frances, I use both, and I've seen your stuff on the maxwell forum. Very nice!

I was not trying to insult maxwell users, being one myself "wiz" on the maxwell forum. I've been using m~r since beta, and I do like it for realism, but not for production. I use vray for production and maxwell just to keep up on it, so that if there are some improvements I may use it more.

But this isn't about which is better, that war has raged already. I guess if someone said vrayians on the m~r forum, I don't think I'd take it personally. After all, there has been a lot of vray bashing on that forum, and I never said anything about it or took it personally. So goes the industry. Not another pissing match, and my intent was only to make the vray users aware that vray was being "rendered in a bad light" so to speak...

Comment

I don't have a problem or bias towards any renderer or group of people - nor do I claim to be a great artist or completely knowledgable in 3D. The various renderers all have their purposes and benefits. I hope Maxwell continues to make further improvements. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Btw - I never once stated it was a conspiracy nor even hinted at it. Perhaps you were refering to someone else?
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

remember - dont argue with Frances
            Dmitry Vinnik
            Silhouette Images Inc.
            ShowReel:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

or she will throw syllables at you

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

its funny....I posted daforce's image on the maxwell forum and it shut everyone up

Comment

lol
                  so the war begins ...
                  Dmitry Vinnik
                  Silhouette Images Inc.
                  ShowReel:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                  https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
                    brings an all new meaning to "sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me" lol

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel
                      remember - dont argue with Frances
                      Originally posted by Da_elf

Originally posted by siliconbauhaus
                      its funny....I posted daforce's image on the maxwell forum and it shut everyone up
                      Hahaha nice!
                      Thats kinda what i expected.

When i get his vray scene i will look it over and render it. Or perhaps I will use the few details he gave on the other page and change my scene to match and then render it.
                      The noise level for the vray renders that he posted.. well im seeing that around the 2min mark of the vray PPT renders

Comment

Want to test it with irrmap with detail enhancement set to on. Because 20-minutes too long for me
                        I just can't seem to trust myself
                        So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                        ---------------------------------------------------------
                        CG Artist

Comment

would someone be good enough to email me this scene?

I cannot get it off rapid share - i think possibly because our router hides our IP addresses, but we are not in a country where we are banned from downloading.

Could someone please send me a PM if you can, and i will pass along an email address or possibly arrange FTP access for you.

Many thanks if someone could help us out.
                          Ta.

Comment

Working...
                          X