Stay clear of Monarch computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay clear of Monarch computer

I want to warn everyone about this vendor. I know many of you have made purchases from them and I recently bought render nodes from them. The first strange thing was that they billed my credit card in full 4 weeks in advance of shipping. I let this one slide.

Recently a motherboard failed. I paid extra for a 3 year warranty on parts. It was fairly difficult to get a hold of anyone to handle the warranty but using their online chat and e-mail I was able to get a new board sent. When the new board arrived it was the wrong one shipped in the right box. They then sent the right board and billed my card for both boards. I was told to return both at the same time and that I would receive credit for both boards. I eventually received an e-mail saying that my credit card would be credited but that I needed to wait up to 30 days for the transaction to occur. After 30 days the credit did not appear. I eventually got a hold of someone in the accounting department who had no explanation for what had happened. I was told that it would be taken care of immediately. A week later there is still no credit. These people have had my money since June. Now the accounting department will not answer the phone or respond to my messages. I have since reported this to my credit card company and will dispute the charges.

I will not buy anything else from these people and urge other people to be wary. I’m just glad that I’m not into them for a larger amount.

A Google search for Monarch computer brought up several venders. Can you be more specific about the one to which you are referring?

Sorry to hear about your problems. I hope your credit card company helps you out.
    Surreal Structures
    http://surrealstructures.com/blog

Comment

www.monarchcomputer.com
      In Atlanta.

Comment

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2079.html

Add your voice to the place where you should look in the future before buying
        Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Contact the Better Business Bureau online and stop wasting your time - www.bbb.org. I had a problem with my laptop recently (I wont go into detail), but after a month waiting they got HP to call me up and offer a full years extended warranty free of charge. I just sent the comp back to them and two days later I had essentially a new laptop in my hands.
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Looks like monarch are taking a dive... their ratings have dropped alot.

Comment

Thanks for your replies everyone. I’ve posted a review on resellerratings and will be contacting the bbb. After looking on resellerratings I see that my problem is not unique. I wish I would have known about this site before I made the purchase.

I wonder if they are in financial trouble? It seems that they always bill far in advance of shipping. They also delay refunds a minimum of 30 days. It also appears that there is no way to know if what you are ordering is really in stock. From what I’ve seen they order product from their vendors at the time you place your order.

Comment

Its weird. I used to live in US, and I built 2 dualie workstations with all with their parts in 2000 and again in 2002, and I thought they were excellent. I guess they have changed. Maybe new (bad) management?

Typical. When a small business gets successful in the US, someone in management always figures out a way to break it.
                "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton Santiago
                  Typical. When a small business gets successful in the US, someone in management always figures out a way to break it.
                  Aint that the truth...

-dave
                  Cheers,
                  -dave
                  ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I bet they are using the money as interest free loans which they then use for short term investments to make money. What a scam! I don't think it is legal.

Comment

I hope you guys aren't implying that the US corners the market on companies losing touch with their consumer base. Pretty sure it happens everywhere.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                      X