No announcement yet.

3D yacht collection - WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally had a bit of time to finish off the Pershing.

Saved it in Max8 and Max9 formats (also have an obj of it too) - vray materials applied.

.:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Comment

Just replying to renew my auto-notify on this thread... it seems to have expired.

Oh, while I'm here, I was wondering about your starting point on these models. Do you have drawings, or is it all by eye based on photos?

You've modeled these in Modo? I assume they import well into Max?

Beautiful work, keep it up. Cheers.
      "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Thanks Clifton.

For reference stuff I'm just pulling pics and rough drawings from the manufactures websites and doing a google images search to look for extra stuff. None of it is very detailed so I have to make a fair bit up as I go along... wont be winning any prizes for accuracy with these..

Ref the modo models - it's actually a pain to get them into max. Modo does export to obj but Max reads everything as being on one layer. FBX export crashes max. DXF export fails to bring anything in. Soooo... export as a Lightwave object - import into Polytrans - export out of Polytrans as an obj - import obj into Max. A pain but it works.

Comment

Yipeee... website's up and running!!!!!

Woah... steady on.. form an orderly queue please.....

www.pixelcream.com

***EDIT*** forgot to say, the 53ft sailing yacht is up there as a free download

Comment

site doesnt work for me.

It loads up then its just blank in the middle.

Tried IE6 and Opera

Comment

That's odd. Using IE6 here and seems to be ok, although sometimes I do have to press the refresh button if it doesn't all load - but this seems to happen pretty rarely. Thanks for the feedback DaForce, I'll look into it.

Comment

Weird... works now.

Well .. cool

Nice site mate. Free boat.. I'll take it

Comment

Free boat?!? Awesome! The rest of them look pretty nice too and well priced unlike a lot of boats I've seen on for sale on turbosquid. Great work.
                  www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

DaForce - Thanks, although I can't take any credit for the site - it was done by a web designer in Bogota - I just told her I wanted a site to sell my models and... voilà!

I'll slowly be adding to the site and will get the menu system up and running once I've got enough models to justify it.

dlparisi - Thanks, I wanted to sell these at a price that you wouldn't think twice about - and also be cheap enough to cover the cost of purchase over just one project (so if you never had the need to render another boat ever again you wouldn't have lost any money).

Here's a quick update on the next one... a Sunseeker Predator55..

Comment

THANKS!

Nabbed the free one - too generous!
                      Probably will be buying a few more here in the next couple of days as we are designing a little waterfront community (boat shops, residential, mixed uses, sail makers, etc..)

NICE MODELS!!! Keep it up!

Comment

Thanks mresailor. Glad you're finding a use for the free model! Post your renders if you can, it'd be nice to see it in action

Comment

I will post - but I am not promising anything at all.. I don't post in here for a reason... I am not that good. I know, I know, I am a leech for not participating all that much.

I did talk to DaForce the other day and will be posting some images for comment/tips concerning LeLe's VraySun work flow...(my head still hurts from trying to comprehend it all.. that dude is way too smart.. )

Comment

Just a quick update on the sunseeker, still lots to do...

Comment

Wow, been really busy lately, but finally managed to take a few sneaky days off and have finished the modelling on the Sunseeker. These are just a few quick modo renders before I do the deck caulking and vray materials etc.

Hopefully I'll get a few more days off this year to complete the collection....

This one should be up on the website within a week or so...

Comment

Is the free boat as well as the collection still available anywhere? Pixelcream.com seems down.
                                www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X