Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone worked out sweep or loft mapping yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone worked out sweep or loft mapping yet?

We do all our cubstones as sweep objects and map using the auto-generated real-world mapping coordinates. However, when we have a long run of curbs (or any other object with many repeated units along its length), the mapping goes rubbish near to corners. For example, all the joints run slanted at odd angles. I hope this image explains.

Any ways around this? I know I can add some more points into the original spline, but this only half helps, and in addition, we are file linking to AutoCAD so editing a spline means the link is no longer active.

Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

i think putting an extra point near each corner fixes that problem, but makes it more of a problem to adjust the line later.

but Id also be intrested if anyone knows of a better work around
    mdi-digital.com

Comment

Have you tried a normalize spline modifier?
      Jon Reynolds
      Method Studios

Comment

just tried that - didn't help. In fact, it made the geometry that Sweep creates disappear.
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket
        http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

you could try giving the sweep 1 degree of tesselation to see if it helps.

V Miller

Comment

I tend to have better results when sweeping/lofting to the outside of my splines rather then the inside. As far as mapping goes, I've only been able to get results using the loft technique but even still, it's rediclous with the hoops you have to jump through to get things to look right.

Comment

Whatever way I can think of is shot down by the fact youre using file linking.

One object isnt much to redo if it changes, just scrap it for the kerb.

Comment

I find pumping up the path steps (Loft/options) from default 5 to around 20 fixes problems like this.
                And also the placement of the loft as mentioned earlier.

Comment

Working...
                X