need a tips'n tricks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a tips'n tricks!

when creating bone, i need to zoom in to be precise, but when i use the middle mouse button to move, the bone creation ends.. any tips on how to move without the bone creation ending?

press & hold i
    http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

thanks a lot!! you made my day

Comment

zoom keyboard shortcuts

also, use [ key to zoom in, and ] key to zoom out.

Comment

anyone know a way to rotate the view aswell?

Comment

Alt + MMB + drag

There's a topic on this kind of things. With lots of shortcuts etc.

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=12925
            www.vknt.be

Comment

yeah, i saw that thread, lots of useful tips there.
              although i've not found a way to rotate the viweport without ending creation...

Comment

I don't think rotating WHILE selecting is possible.. And I don't don't really see the advantage of it too. In what kind of situation would you want to use it?
                www.vknt.be

Comment

well, i don't think it's possible either, but it would be useful to be able to rotate an object while creating polys and splines...kind of like a spacemouse or something...

Comment

press & hold i
                    I just want to thank gilicom for this most awsome tip. It's changed the way that I use Max, and it's kept me from needing other modelers so much. Definately the most useful tip that I've used since Max 1.

Comment

Along these same lines (and possibly posted in the tips & tricks thread) is the preference setting that zooms about the mouse point in orthographic views (Customize>Preferences>Viewports). Then you can use the mousewheel to zoom in/out and the camera repositions as you zoom, allowing you to do the same thing pressing 'i' does, perhaps a bit more interactively.
                      | LinkedIn | Twitter | JCanimator.com |

Comment

Working...
                      X