Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evermotion - anybody experianced???

Hello all,

have anybody got some experiance with Evermotion Scenes, Shaders, Models ???

I was going to buy some CD's to improve my skills and quality of 3D's, but it is always better to ask, as I was burned before with some software, librarys...

Regards
    Srdjan

The models are clean, not too high poly and very good quality. Materials on them arent bad, they'll do for the background but you'd do well to re-do them all.

As far as price/value/ordering goes, I cant really really comment as I didnt buy them.

Comment

Their stuff is good. Very good.

Their customer service is awful.

I ordered an item and it took them a week to get me a functioning download link - and that was only after many emails on my part.

Comment

Lol, Jeff.
        That may have been because you mailed them the avatar as well?
        Jokes apart, what i saw of their models looked nice, materials, well.
        Nice looking, but NOT efficient by any means...
        Some optimisation might well be required to have them work well for ya.

Lele

Comment

Hi cubiclegangster,
          Hi JeffG2,
          Hi Lele,

Thank you so much for your oppinions. I can see bit more clear, still some questions. Those scenes, can one learn from them, about Vray lights, rendering settings, and looks like they need long time to render. Can someone comment on those.

Regards
          Srdjan

Comment

Originally posted by studioDIM
            Nice looking, but NOT efficient by any means...
            Same, of course, goes for rendering settings.
            I think they meant for them to look superb out of the box, disregarding rendertime completely.

Lele

Comment

dont get the archshaders ! they are very dissapointing. for example you will get over 200 wood shaders but the only difference is in their glossiness and reflection value, so there is nothing special. some of the provided textures are quite useful and in 2k res but a lot of them are only in 600px res...
              its basically the same with all the other shaders provided, just some variation in color, glossiness and reflection. you can get much better stuff at www.vray-materials.de and they are free

about the archinteriors, well the rendertimes of those are crazy, so are the subdivs settings of their materials. i wouldnt recommend to buy them if you want to learn how to setup lights and render settings.

Olli
              www.short-cuts.de

Comment

If you're doing animations with their models and scene is quite big you're doomed. It looks liek they put 4 turbosmooth on their models. If you have 3 walls and one camer shot they you can use them .
                Luke Szeflinski
                :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Hello Lel,
                  Hello Olli,
                  Hello lukx,

Thank you very much on your comments.

So far I decided not to buy shaders definetly, and models for now, maybe some models later.

I wanted to buy Interiors 9 and Exteriors, those two I wanted to buy in order to learn about Vray settings, lighting. Now the question will be, Will they help me in learning those settings, as I was told that renderings are taking forewer or maybe it takes very long time due to model complexity?

Regards
                  Srdjan

Comment

Man if you would like to learn something form ev intriors it would be you're biggest mistake. Sorry but they don't know what tehy doing, all settings are almoust brute force. It takes huge amount of time even on very good machines to render anyting with theirs settings.
                    Luke Szeflinski
                    :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Originally posted by studioDIM
                      That may have been because you mailed them the avatar as well?

don t have many experience with their stuff...but from what i can understand its standard procedure over there to use rocket-science settings in their renders....i think they don t give a damn about efficience!

nevertheless the models i ve used r extremelly good...very high poly unfortunately, but good!
                      Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                      nuno@ene-digital.com
                      00351 917593145

Comment

Hi lukx,
                        Hi ene.xis,

Thanks for the comments.

I see your points, talking about enterior settings, this is one of the most importantce for me:

Recently I had simmilar project, and I asked for help, but I did not have some constructive help on lights and rendering settings, so I was thinking it will be great idea to buy something like this. Any Ideas where else I could buy scene with similar settings?

Regards
                        Srdjan

Comment

Well, if you need some help on lights and rendering settings, this site might be useful for you:
                          --> http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...s_interior.htm

otherwise you might find things, useful, on this site aswell:
                          --> http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R1/
                          --> http://www.tobyatwork.de
                          --> http://www.scriptspot.com/blog/toby

Comment

I agree with Lukx don't buy them if you want to learn something, make your own knowledge which would be better and better, there is no one clic solution and all case are different.
                            I have some archmodel cd and I found them very good exept mtl which I change always, modeling is good I like especially the plant which are high poly modeled but very usefull choosen.
                            =:-/
                            Laurent

Comment

Hi toby™,
                              Hi priad,

I agree with you it is the best if come up with your solution. In my previos interior project I spend a week without good results, just circleing around with no improvement, so I ended up with bad athmosphere and unrealistic lighting.

90% of the interior renderings are done with light entering trough the window. In my case there is no window for light to go trough. It has to be using only lights as in exsample pic I posted above. I also seen tut with IES...

No good tutorials, at least I hav not found it yet

Regards
                              Srdjan

Comment

Working...
                              X