Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chaosgroup Website in need of a Tune Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chaosgroup Website in need of a Tune Up?

Originally posted by cpnichols
    And they have done this with the current website and nearly no advertising. Vray has done really well word of month.
    as a newcomer here, I must admit I've never really had a look at the chaos website nor its gallery, never actually needed to go there. the quality produced by professionals around us was reason enough to make the decision, and do the switch. well, that and what we saw here on these forums (which are much more valuable than any website to me).

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell
      ...What's great is that vray as chris said is taking over purely by brute force .
      is'nt it more that vray's taking over by adaptive subdivision of the marketplace ?

Comment

But not by undersampling

BTW - Would be great to update the gallery. (not for those, who know "who's da king") hehe
        I just can't seem to trust myself
        So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
        ---------------------------------------------------------
        CG Artist

Comment

I still love the new Vray marketing scheme, which few of you may have seen, which does not even show rendering...

BTW... look at renderman's website... just FYI:
          https://renderman.pixar.com/

Pretty simple looking.

Comment

Vray has done really well word of mouth.
            I think this is truly the best way. It takes the B.S. out of it somewhat. You can actually ask/talk to people who use it and know it and see what they think and why they think it. I know of at least three licences that got purchased on my recommendation. Wonder if we can get a word of mouth discount....or maybe big shiny gold stars for our foreheads.
            -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

If you were in a small town for the day, and needed a haircut. You noticed that there were only two barbers in town. Looking at their shops, you saw that the first one was very neat and the barber was clean shaven with a nice haircut. The other shop was a mess, and the barber there needed a shave and had a bad haircut besides. Which barber would you choose?

Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

well here is my 20c on this:
                I like the forum, no problems here. However, the home page indeed does need some work. A few times when I was telling people around the office about vray, and they've asked me to show them some renderings, I naturally went to home site and...well, you know what happened. So I ended up searching this forum for some great works instead...
                Dmitry Vinnik
                Silhouette Images Inc.
                ShowReel:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel
                  well here is my 20c on this:
                  I like the forum, no problems here. However, the home page indeed does need some work. A few times when I was telling people around the office about vray, and they've asked me to show them some renderings, I naturally went to home site and...well, you know what happened. So I ended up searching this forum for some great works instead...
                  Yeah well you may be dealing with the old school people that may not see in front of their nose. If someone were to ask you about renderman, would you point to their website? No... you would quote movies from Jurassic Park to nearly every large VFX movie done in the last 12 year. So forget websites. DD did not buy into Vray because of their website. Neither did Sway (where I now work), or any of the other large shops that are moving over. It is based on those people opening their minds to something different. If you want examples of work, point to other people's work.... after all Pixar does not have an image of Gollum on their website.... and he may be in the top three cg characters ever created.

Comment

The pixar films are slightly better renders than the stuff on the vray gallery though - no slight on the people that made them intended, the same people are doing incredible work now. It's just that the renders aren't giving an accurate portrayal of vrays standards of work.

Comment

Yep, have to say that the gallery needs an update. Where are some scenes from the "cavemen commercials"? If anyone hasn't seen them, they rock!

The site and forum load fast and that is the way it should be, so hopefully that won't change and like others said,

"Stay away from the stupid flash shit!"
                      rpc212
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

"Reassuringly Simple"
                        Kind Regards,
                        Richard Birket
                        ----------------------------------->
                        http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment