No announcement yet.

Looking for a @%(#)*$ font

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all depends if youre a designer and will use it often, or if a client just wants 3 letters for a logo.

I wonder how many people have used an image within a render which contains text written in a font they didnt pay for...

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster
      It all depends if youre a designer and will use it often, or if a client just wants 3 letters for a logo.
      Uh, pro logo's bill at $3500 to $20k, so really, I don't understand what you are saying. Even a cheap short design logo will run $500-1k.

As for textures in a render, if you created the textures then you should own the fonts, right? If you are getting you're textures from a third-party texture collection then that was supposed to be taken care of by the texture provider, if you're just grabbing textures from the web well then you don't know then do you, so you should probably heir on the side of caution, right?

For instance you take a picture of a building and it has a coca-cola sign in it, you use that image to texture a building, you sell that render to a client, the client knows someone who works for coca-cola, you then get a phone call from their lawyer asking why you didn't get permission to use their logo.
      particle makes perfect

Comment

Originally posted by jrandom
        For instance you take a picture of a building and it has a coca-cola sign in it, you use that image to texture a building, you sell that render to a client, the client knows someone who works for coca-cola, you then get a phone call from their lawyer asking why you didn't get permission to use their logo.
        i think that is a tricky area. personally, i don't have the financials to challenge Coke on anything. the two bit lawyers i could afford would probably pee down their leg when faced with Coke's legal force.

Comment

Working...
        X