No announcement yet.

Autodesk announces 3DS Max 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if they will finally fix, backburner 600minutes timeout problem. It's a pity I can't render antyhing that renders more than 10H !!!
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

I wonder if they will finally fix, backburner 600minutes timeout problem. It's a pity I can't render antyhing that renders more than 10H
      Don't you just manually change that? That's what we do.
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket
      ----------------------------------->
      http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

The problem he talks about is the one where changing it simply doesnt do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by lukx
          I wonder if they will finally fix, backburner 600minutes timeout problem. It's a pity I can't render antyhing that renders more than 10H !!!
          we found that 32bit vs 64bit was the culprit for our 600min timeouts. Our manager computer was 32bit, so all the jobs sent from our 64bit workstations to our 64bit rendernodes would still crash because the manager wasn't compatable. If we send the jobs as 32bit, then no timeout, but a possible crash becuase of reduced memory.

Pick your poison. We're trying to find another 64bit computer to run manager, but until then, we are limited.

Colin

Comment

yes, we also have manager on 32 bits.
            Luke Szeflinski
            :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Ah, I see.Thats good then! Honestly, Autodesk are a bunch of twunts!
              Kind Regards,
              Richard Birket
              http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Anyone know how you can change the defaults of the Netrender submission dialog on max9? It used to remember your settings from previous submissions, which was sweet since you only had to do the 600m override once... now I have to do it every time I think I might need it. Pain!

Shaun
                ShaunDon

Comment

Something got bugged in the last patch of Backburner where it resets your settings every time. I haven't had a chance to rever back to pre patch BB and pre SP Max to see if it is related to one or the other. It is a huge pain in the arse having to reset all the settings every time.

Comment

It's an old thread, but for the 600 minutes timeout it looks like you need to have 3ds Max installed on the machine where the backburner manager is running; further on you need to install every 3ds Max version which you submit jobs for (32- and 64-bit count as different versions). There is more info here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9241177

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                    X