No announcement yet.

lofting help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant actually figure out what shape you are trying to achieve..
    but try altering the pivot point of the splines - you have to 'get' the shapes again to update the loft

ahhhhhh - ok I got what you want - moving pivots wont help - its the interpolation - it sucks but you need to add more intermediate splines and it will force the shape to be smoother

Comment

Hey Elf..is that one of them Barbados waves?
      -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

Originally posted by Sawyer
        have you tried a cross section? (editable splice>attach splines> cross section>surface mod?)
        What about the Cross Section modifier? You'd still have access to the splines (although they are now all attached as one spline) but you can pull the vertices and the surface adjusts to the new shapes.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

each of those splines has a morph modifier on it. thats why i need to be able to use them in an instance way as seperate pieces like what the loft offers

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Damn
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

well you could attach all the splines. Attach the morph target splines too and use the morph modifier on all splines together. You need more targets most likely, but then you can use cross-section/surface...

Just a workaround tho i guess :/

Regards,
              Thorsten

Comment

you could use less points in the shapes set to linear interpolation and than turbosmooth the result.
                Reflect, repent and reboot.
                Order shall return.

Comment

instinct:: that wouldnt work since i need seperatre control of each line. linking them as one thing locks it into oly one pattern.

tammo:: im really fighting it but it looks like its the only solution

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
                  X