Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivy generator inside Max

http://guruware.at/main/index.html

Tried it in Viz 2008 too...........works great!

Thanks for the heads up

Looks a great plugin. Have you noticed that you can animate the age parameter?

Comment

it's cool thx
      My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

holy cow! Fanstastic!!!
        Luke Szeflinski
        :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

shame its max9 only

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Thats pretty damn cool!!

Comment

well it kind of works.
              Just had max dissapear completely while trying it out.
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I had that a lot at first, save often and when you get one that works just merge/copy it round. Only really happens when you change the settings a huge amount.

This was perfect timing, just before I came on a client had asked for ivy grown around an object. I came to kill time while thinking about how I could do it, and found this.

Comment

Looks really good mate.

If lele sees this he will be happy

Comment

CG: Mind sharing your settings for that Ivy? I'm having trouble getting it to nicely crawl up columns and then spread out like you have. I can get it to spread out on top but only if the column has a lot more branches on it than yours.
                    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

CG: are you working in mm and if so did you change the settings by 1 decimal place - can't get leaves bigger than 20mm.

Comment

I fixed the small leaves problem by converting it to editable poly. Then choosing the leaves and scaling them up. Worked pretty good.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman
                          I fixed the small leaves problem by converting it to editable poly. Then choosing the leaves and scaling them up. Worked pretty good.
                          Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Comment

Those are 20mm in that screen, but I do the same. Only with editable mesh, converting to poly seems to kill my branches.

The calculation was stopped and the settings changed when I got to the top of the column in order to spread them out more, so bear that in mind, but the ones to make it climb were:

35mm
                            50mm
                            500mm

The .15/branching one may need to be changed depending on your geometry, if it doesnt work get it up to around .5+

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster
                              Only with editable mesh, converting to poly seems to kill my branches.
                              Thanks for the settings, I'll try them out but I didn't realize you could chang the settings and then continue, . This is a great way to do just what you came up with.

Turn on "Visible Edges" under "View" before converting to poly and your branches will show up.
                              www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X