Texture Mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonahhawk View Post
    Is there a way to nudge UVs in Unwrap UVW?
    Sure is. You've got spinners there as well.
    Using UVs in real world scale is easy enough. Just don't change their scale after setting it.
    Regardless my point still stands. You can't line up all the edges without altering the textures.
    But again, you really almost never have to. The top of objects rarely have the same material as the sides anyway. For 99% of standard Arch Viz cases mapscaler or simple box mapping works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jonahhawk View Post
      @rivoli, If you have time to hand paint your textures then you don't work in archvis!!
      don't always have the time, but it happens, if I'm lucky

Comment

Also...One more thing....YOu can right click on the Move, Rotate buttons and bring up the transform box. Instead of going to the menu.
        Eric Camper
        Studio 3D
        www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Originally posted by EricCamper View Post
          Also...One more thing....YOu can right click on the Move, Rotate buttons and bring up the transform box. Instead of going to the menu.
          Since a few releases, you are able to access the same things right next to the object lock on the persistent bottom tool palette, there is even a button directly left of the X value that allows you to switch between offset and absolute, and if you use the relative distance shortcuts, "r" and "-r" in front of your typed in values, you rarely have to switch from absolute mode.
          Ben Steinert
          pb2ae.com

Comment

Can you post an example of Unwrap UVW used with rwc UVs and material? When I try it, the mapping in the Unwrap window is not correct. It does not show the whole map. It almost seems that it shows only one square inch. I just don't think it is meant to work with rwc.

Comment

Good thread

Sorry if everyone already knows this way, but in arch vis, I have good luck mapping brick/stone/tile/CMU objects with a box uvw map, and just moving the uvw's gizmo until things line up how I want them to...works great for brick corners, too. Not fancy, but very easy and not time consuming in most cases...HTH
              I'm definitely going to try some of the approaches mentioned in this thread, so thanks for all the good discussion!

Comment

If you want the stone to wrap at the corners try this.
                Add a PolySelect mod
                Select one side of the box in Polygon subobject mode.
                Add a UVW xform mod
                Adjust the U offset until you like it.

Repeat this process for each poly or group of polies that you want to adjust, adding a new PolySelect and a new UVW Xform for each set. when you like it, collapse the stack. You can always come back and adjust it with the same process.
                This worked dandy!
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

This is still painful for me. I can move the gizmo, but with 100's of walls it is very time consuming. This seems like it should be easy... In Revit the texture map keep tiling seamlessly around corners.
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com
                  e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                  phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                  • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X