Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dreamscape foam - Displacement in Vray ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamscape foam - Displacement in Vray ?

I am working on a stormy looking ocean. Dreamscape is giving be pretty good results but I am looking for a way to give the foam a bit more ballz. I was thinking that it could really benefit from some Vray displacement. If you're familiar with dreamscape you'll know that the foam is created as a combination effect through the Dremscape sea surface object and a Dreamscape sea surface material that has a dreamscape foam map. If there was a way to pump this map into a vray material displacement or displacement modifier ? That would be da Bomb.

P.S.
    I was going to do the stormy sea in Maya unlimited but all the licenses for unlimited are being used by other artists here at work - Doh !

Thanks as always

I am working with dreamscape right now on a project and I was thinking of trying the same thing, I was planning on exporting the foam to bitmaps and using those for the displacement not sure if it can handle creating the foam maps big enough to work though.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Some ago i did that exacly , export the foam into bitmaps, and it worked fine
      Best regards,
      Andrian

Comment

You could also try running noise and such through them when you re-bring them in. You might even get away with it being non-displaced.

Comment

hmmm

this sounds intersting i would love to see what you guys are taking about ??? sorry never workd with dreamscape =(
          Ruben Gil
          www.spvisionz.com
          www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

Working...
          X