Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jackson concert. Last one ever !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevesideas
    Maybe its just me then sits down and starts to cry
    i meant u when i wrote u
    Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
    nuno@ene-digital.com
    00351 917593145

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
      Tastes are one thing, beauty another.
      Very true.
      I consider myself 'tasteful', but certainly not 'beautiful'!
      Last edited by tricky; 23-03-2009, 10:32 AM.
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket
      ----------------------------------->
      http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
        When the light side of my comments is disregarded, the personal quality of them goes unread, and I am doctored about how I should cater for personal tastes, while I am in the process of expressing mine, you do have a point thinking I am getting frustrated and edgy.

Am I a presumptuous bastard? Likely.

But I'm not 10 years old anymore, and I DID study Aesthetics while doing Philosophy at University.
        So no, I do not take absolute relativism about Art lightly, merely because I had to spend so much time learning how to properly observe and discuss the artistic side of life from the most objective standpoint possible.
        Tastes are one thing, beauty another.

While I appreciate that it is possible (and also very likely) that through a difficult life a human being can express a form of recognisable beauty, MJ TO ME doesn't fall into that category.
        He may have had some potential a long while back (hey, the moonwalk was a fresh thing, I'll have to agree), but as he is now he's just a gross reflection of might-have-beens and a clear example of the worst of what stardom does to the human brain and soul.
        And I can't see him as a victim, hard as I try.
        This is all my brain, heart and soul perceive as I observe him as a global phenomenon, and if you want me to say anything but what my very own self screams to my senses, I would kindly oblige.
        But it wouldn't make it any truer to me, while it sure would sound sweeter and softer to many people's ears.

I guess when your taught how to appreciate art from a certain standpoint (by the way teaching is just another form of being told to follow someone elses opinions), then I guess its hard to see it in any other way.

I do see him as a victim though. People who want to be musicians, artists etc, anyone with exceptional talent that becomes famous will have to put up with all the other crap that goes with just trying to do your job.

I personally would hate that kind of life. Its nice to get appreciation every now and again, but to get it constantly..it must f**K your mind up. I think thats the point where people can lose their sanity. Hearing, "your fabulous" all the time cant be good for anyone and although its hard sometimes, a knock down can sometimes do you the world of good. It makes you re-asses things. More human. Thats where these celebs fail...and some can handle it, others like Michael (my buddy) go off the rails for everyone to see..and thats when the vultures fly in!

Basically, they are a victim of their own abilities.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by ene.xis View Post
          i meant u when i wrote u
          Ah..right
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
            nuno@ene-digital.com
            00351 917593145

Comment

shamon motherfu**er!

Is that Lele???
              Kind Regards,
              Richard Birket

Comment

Thats the magic..right there !
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Seriously though, is that for real? Its amazing.

(off to buy a £350 front row ticket...)
                  Kind Regards,
                  Richard Birket

Comment

I cant watch something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tqYUTjQIc0

and not be amazed. I guess it depends what you are into, but you cant deny this guy is a great dancer. Combined with his singing and the entire experience it would be a great thing to go see.
                    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
                      Thats the magic..right there !
                      again... that was the magic...hehe
                      Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                      nuno@ene-digital.com
                      00351 917593145

Comment

Don't really want to add to the argument about music, but i'll just say many moon's ago (maybe 2002 or something) I saw James Brown at a festival. I'm sure most people know his reputation for flawless performances- I've even heard stories that if people in his orchestra (or backing or whatever it's called (JB's)) struck a wrong note during his performance, they would basically be sacked, he was that tight on getting EVERYTHING spot on.

When I saw him, many many years after he had peaked, his was rubbish. He was forgetting his own lines - it was dreadful. real shame.

My mate has two tickets to MJ, but I've told him there is no-way I'm going as I can just feel it's going to be like the James Brown experience... MJ is just weird now... apparently tickets can go for about £550 on ebay; so I'm told. That's a hefty profit margin. I'll be selling them definitely.

I used to love Micheal Jackson when I was about 12. Now I've got no interest in seeing a child molesting weirdo. <sorry>

Comment

I basically had to dissociate myself from him the person and him the artist. I enjoy his early music...hell even some of the videos and TV appearances. I honestly feel bad for the guy...i mean he's a mess. Besides his behavior oddities...to go on national television and deny he's had any plastic surgery....jeez. I say enjoy the music without the bullshit....if ya can...he doesn't make it easy though. The debate is an interesting one. Would Albert Einsteins or Isaac Newtons work be any less valid had they acted like MJ?
                          -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

I reckon Albert Einstein could moonwalk the shi* out of Michael any day of the week.
                            Kind Regards,
                            Richard Birket

Comment

Bush, being one them. Hes murdered thousands.
                              This is a pretty silly statement. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Regards,
                              Mike
                              http://mikebracken.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

Originally posted by mmikee View Post
                                This is a pretty silly statement. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Regards,
                                Mike
                                Hardly. I'll stand by that.
                                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                                X