Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using a render pass manager that supports irmap and lc loading per pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using a render pass manager that supports irmap and lc loading per pass?

Hi Folks,

I'm on a pain in the arse arch vis flythrough job where I've a tonne of different cameras and irmaps - it doesn't make any sense to save a different scene per pass so a good render pass manager would solve a lot of problems. Ideally something that has support for a specific camera per pass, loading of cached gi maps, material overrides and output path names for render elements too.

Vanilla seems very like the xsi pass manager which I like - rpmanager seems like a huge spreadsheet of stuff and likewise the screenshots aren't up to date for sp2 / sp3 - anyone got any thoughts on which one works well?

Cheers!

John

We've been using RPManager with a great deal of success. The layout for the VRay render settings is generated dynamically so it doesn't necessarily need to be updated per release, though I believe in SP3 the DMC noise threshold was shunted to a miscellaneous menu until Grant releases a new version.

It's a very robust app, which was overwhelming at first, but once you learn the interface you tend to focus on a very small subset of its functions. There are still a lot of functions that I haven't even delved into yet, and there I wish the documentation was a little more complete, but Grant is very active on the boards and has always responded swiftly whenever I've encountered a problem.

Shaun
    ShaunDon

Comment

I've been doing that with LPM ( lukashi.com ) with good success, albeit with a little bit of scripting on top of the basic package. I'm a fan of it as its pretty open, and Lukas is pretty open to suggestion

My basic addition is a pre-render script for saving to an IRMap, and a pre-render to load from the saved map, generating the map names by maxfilename+cameraname.vr(l)map to keep things consistent.
      Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Ah - that's smart. Lovely idea tying the callback to the cam name.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunDon View Post
          We've been using RPManager with a great deal of success. The layout for the VRay render settings is generated dynamically so it doesn't necessarily need to be updated per release, though I believe in SP3 the DMC noise threshold was shunted to a miscellaneous menu until Grant releases a new version.

It's a very robust app, which was overwhelming at first, but once you learn the interface you tend to focus on a very small subset of its functions. There are still a lot of functions that I haven't even delved into yet, and there I wish the documentation was a little more complete, but Grant is very active on the boards and has always responded swiftly whenever I've encountered a problem.

Shaun

RPmanager is a great tool...

Better than the others, IMHO...
          My Flickr

Comment

Working...
          X