Matchmover2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matchmover2010

Anyone get matchmover2010 off the subscription site to work?
    It just goes to the splash screen then disappears without any GUI. Re-downloaded and reinstalled, same thing happens.
    I can't get any response from AD but I knew someone on here would also have tried it, so is it working for you or is it just me?

Any ideas?

thanks
    Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
    I need a new signature
    --
    Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
    ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

It's not just you. I had the exact same thing happen here.
    Splash screen comes up...that's it.

Yay, we got free splash screens!

Comment

I think it to be a license issue, as if you look in the FlexLM folder (root C) there is a matchmoverlicense.log and adlm.log that show errors.

I have asked my reseller to look into it and they are going to contact AD.

I'm glad to know it's not just me though
      I guess it could be a damaged .exe on the subscription site...has anybody got it working?
      Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
      I need a new signature
      --

Comment

Work here....
        Nicolau Pais www.id3d.pt

My current hardware setup: HP Z820 32-Core Dual E5-2670 128GB RAM - NVIDIA® Quadro K5000

Comment

Works here too....it took some finagling to get my Imagemodeler working though...mostly license stuff.
          -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

strange, I got image modeler working right away (although I did struggle to get it activate it and had to call, but I expected that.)

I tried it on 2 different machines, but both are XPx64. I should have mentioned that before.

I also have Showcase and a floating license version of Hypershot which both use flexLM. I've had So many problems with flexLM licensing. I wish people would stop using it, or they'd fix it. It's Always conflicts with another flexLM license too. As if everyone is only going to run One license per machine.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewjohn81 View Post
              I also have Showcase and a floating license version of Hypershot which both use flexLM. I've had So many problems with flexLM licensing. I wish people would stop using it, or they'd fix it. It's Always conflicts with another flexLM license too. As if everyone is only going to run One license per machine.
              That could be it, as I also have showcase2010. Maybe it is the flexLM license then.
              I'll see if AD come back with anything to my reseller, I sent them the licensing log files so hopefully they will have a fix. Otherwise I will try un-installing Showcase and see if that makes any difference.
              Simon

I need a new signature
              --

Comment

worked 1st time here without issues
                Kind Regards,
                Morne

Comment

okay, this will be interesting food for thought. This is the respond from AD:

I've had a look at the error's from the user running Matchmover with 3ds Max. The errors suggest that he is trying to run Matchmover from the version included on the Maya 2010 installation media without a Maya 2010 license on the system.

Matchmover is provided by us either alongside the new Maya 2010 installation or as a subscription benefit download installer for 3ds Max 2010 users who have a current Subscription contract with Autodesk. The licensing for Matchmover requires that the user has a current active license of 3ds Max 2010 or Maya 2010 on the system. Therefore the user will need to install and license 3ds Max 2010 to run Matchmover alongside 3ds Max. As the users errors suggest that the Matchmover install is looking for a Maya license on the system: this suggests that they may have downloaded the wrong installer of Matchmover.

To recap: they need to have a fully licensed copy of 3ds Max 2010 on the system and have downloaded and installed the version of Matchmover that is available from Subscription Centre for 3ds Max 2010 users.

Well obviously I going to install 2010 now and see if that makes a difference (???!!!???)
                  DVP3D - do you have Maya 2010 or Max2010 installed as well, your signature says you are using 2009?
                  Simon

I need a new signature
                  --

Comment

Solution

OMG! Install MaxDesign2010 and now matchmover2010 works!!! Unbelievable (well not really but...)

So now I have to get used some fuct'd up interface...iinstall vray and all my plugin's...sigh! I'll probably get used to it buy the time they change it again for Max2011.

Although just cause I've installed it, don't mean I have to use it :P
                    Simon

I need a new signature
                    --

Comment

Originally posted by ior=0 View Post
                      DVP3D - do you have Maya 2010 or Max2010 installed as well, your signature says you are using 2009?
                      Yes max 2010, I always forget to update my signature but have done so now.
                      Kind Regards,
                      Morne

Comment

damn, this doesn't help me one bit. I already had that installed and I still can't run it. I might try a reinstall of max and see if that works.
                        Would be really dumb if you have to install max After match mover though.

I think I may not have design installed though. I did the depolyment to install and I think I messed it up. We don't use any of the different features in either one so it really doesn't make a bit of difference for us though. But if the license is different that may be screwing us over.

Comment

I guess it might be that the Matchmover 2010 from the Max design subscription area is specifically tagged to look for a license for max design 2010, and the same for max and maya, but that would seem an overly complicated deployment on AD's behalf.
                          Simon

I need a new signature
                          --

Comment

maybe some guy needed an excuse to keep busy in his job. I've seen that happen here. A guy knows of a solution that would be Way better, but it's too fast. Someone might realize he's not needed anymore, or at least he thinks, so he does it the old fashioned way.
                            I've actually seen that right next to me. Someone's doing some lighting tests and does a full render at something like 900x900 pixels with GI, full antialiasing, glossy effects...everything.
                            They just basically don't want to get done too fast. Same person has been refusing, as much as possible, to use RT because the few little bugs are frustrating.
                            Just get it done and move on to the next job already. In Our dept, the more projects we can do, the better we look. If you can get a still render done in 3 hours instead of 3 days, do it!

Comment

I know this is an old thread but Ive just got my hands on matchmover and installed the 64 bit version to find it cant import avis or quicktimes. I did read that the 32 bit version can so I installed that but cant get that to run further than the splash screen. I do have 64 bit max 2010 installed..do you think I need to install 3dsmax 2010 32 bit version ?
                              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                              X