Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HYPER GI

cebas stage-1 hyper GI.

not much information, what do you think??

http://www.finalrender.com/products/...PID=36&FID=375

It seems a solutions based on a kind of object lights, or self-illumination materials in order to get a well illuminated scene and avoid troubles on the dark areas, in that way you can use a weak and fast GI solution.

But this is only a guess, I can be wrong!

Gonçalo

Comment

mhm, for me it sound like some solution to get rid of the flickering in GI.

i thought it´s some extra algorythm that works together with the normal GI we already know.

if i understand you correct you think its some other type of sunlight or such a thing?

Comment

No, more likely some self-illumination slot with a kind of a light output map....

But, I really dont know FR at all, never try it before, and since they dont have a Demo version I will never be able to try it anyway...

Gonçalo

Comment

I have FR stage-0

But I haven't used it since I the first Vray beta Vray ROCKS! and is so easy to use

I put in a pre-order for FR stage-1 upgrade about 6 months ago or so when it was supposed to be released in a month. Nothing in my hands yet So I will believe the hype when I see it. Cebas seems to be about the biggest hype machine out there. Not to say their products aren't good. Every thing I have used from them pretty much did what it was supposed to (although fr stage-0 is just to much work).

I don't doubt they have a nice little algorithm that does some kind of GI smoothing / blurring type thing.

In the sample videos it is hard to tell what the hyper GI is doing because the 2nd example labeled "without hyper GI" has no GI (it actually looks like a scanline render) so it is a pretty pore comparison. It would make more sense to show a GI next to a Hyper GI example. It almost seems like Cebas is trying to hide how little the Hyper GI may actually be doing. Or maybe someone just made a silly mistake and put the wrong 2nd example up. I wonder how a Vray render of the same animation might look

that's my 2¢
          t1t4
          www.boring3d.com

Comment

by the way when is Edwin going to stop all this advertising X%^%# and release fr stage1.

then we will get all the answers (and we all know what they are . . . right)

Comment

you must be joking?

edwin has to much fun bothering his customers with uselless press releases.

Comment

Well I know it, but all I can say is:

It's cebas way to get a flicker free GI Animation.

But more then this the animation looks real cool.

You have to find out more soon, when they do the release.

regards,

robert
                I'm registed believe me! Just miss that logo.

Comment

It´s a simple REACTOR animation with some GI in it.
                  Whats cool about that?

I bet we can do the same with Vray or Brazil and the same quality.

The only thing this two animations show is, that the animation without GI looks ugly and is to dark....

You can not even say if it is not flickering, because the animation has very ugly compression artifacts.

You have to find out more soon, when they do the release.
                  what does soon mean in germany?

we should have seen stage-1 soon after siggraph 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John
                    It´s a simple REACTOR animation with some GI in it.
                    Whats cool about that?

I bet we can do the same with Vray or Brazil and the same quality.

The only thing this two animations show is, that the animation without GI looks ugly and is to dark....

You can not even say if it is not flickering, because the animation has very ugly compression artifacts.

what does soon mean in germany?

we should have seen stage-1 soon after siggraph 2002.
                    Not a very nice reply! Calm down I'm not Cebas. And germany is not guilty for your problems!

Cebas will release there stuff soon, meaning they will try to get it as soon as possible. He can judge then!
                    Well that doesn't mean they have a longer one then you, mister long john.

By the way, i like reactor animation.
                    I'm registed believe me! Just miss that logo.

Comment

I thought he went pretty gentle atleast he smiled a lot, He didn't attack the german people He just was wondering if "soon" didn't translate well. On the fR forum one can hardly mention another renderer without being threatened to be banned ...
                      Eric Boer
                      Dev

Comment

Not a very nice reply! Calm down I'm not Cebas. And germany is not guilty for your problems!

Cebas will release there stuff soon, meaning they will try to get it as soon as possible. He can judge then!
                        Well that doesn't mean they have a longer one then you, mister long john.

By the way, i like reactor animation.
                        oh im absolutly cool and calm.
                        im not producing that crap (my personal opinion about stage-0) or make any money with it, so i really don´t care much.

cebas is a german company and you are too from germany, so i wonder if SOON means something different for cebas and you (that would make sense).

hint: it was a bit ironic

Comment

Why is it so hard to believe they have some way of preventing flickering? After all, they're working already a long time on it... Stage 0 also has an 'animation' mode for GI which actually does help, altough it's very slow. I think it's just an update of this type of GI calculating (previous frames taken into account for next frame), but altered here and there to make it faster and then renamed to HyperGI.

Let's all hope they found a way, so Vlado can make it better in a week and bring it to Vray. After all, it would be nice to render flicker-free GI animations no?

When I read the above posts, that reminds me of the cebas forum atmosphere and I don't like it! So please calm down before the aggressive virus bites us all here.

regards,

flipside
                          Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

From what I understand, Hyper-GI just means GI. Activating Hyper-GI means activating GI, nothing more. But as they have added some features they call it "hyper". I suppose it's a matter of marketing, since it will make the customers think "Hyper GI?! Hey, that must be better than just GI!"

Well, better wait, wait a little more, still wait, and maybe see ...

Regards,

Nenad

p.s. I am no Dalai Lama . What is there of so astonishing to be revolted when one feels injustice?

Comment

Originally posted by flipside
                              Why is it so hard to believe they have some way of preventing flickering? After all, they're working already a long time on it... Stage 0 also has an 'animation' mode for GI which actually does help, altough it's very slow. I think it's just an update of this type of GI calculating (previous frames taken into account for next frame), but altered here and there to make it faster and then renamed to HyperGI.
                              oh i believe that they have a way to produce flickerfee animations.
                              but i don´t believe that it will solve all the problems.

and if your are honest, it´s a bit hard to believe cebas!
                              GI at scanline speed, flickerfree animations are promised for stage-0 too.

my main complain is about this video and i still think it is useless to compare HYPER GI to NON GI.

Comment

Working...
                              X