VrayScatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yyk View Post
    been waiting for the option to use multiple proxies when scattering.. turns out you'll have to pay extra to upgrade to this tool called Multiscattering >
    Seriously? That totally sucks. It needed that feature from the get-go and I've been waiting for just that function. I'm inclined to go elsewhere now too. Too bad, the potential was so good.

b
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Originally posted by simmsimaging View Post
      Seriously? That totally sucks. It needed that feature from the get-go and I've been waiting for just that function. I'm inclined to go elsewhere now too. Too bad, the potential was so good.

b
      Yes there is a thread at rendering.ru Vrayscatter forum called Multiscatter if I remember right.
      Ville Kiuru
      www.flavors.me/vkiuru

Comment

I think Multiscatter is for Mental Ray proxys not vray proxys
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Switch to Forest Pro, the support is awesome and you can scatte multiple proxies without buying another plugin. The new features of forest are getting better and better. I am more then happy that i decided to get FP instead of VS. In combination with Autograss you make lawns and flower fields in no time.
          www.short-cuts.de

Comment

sweet, probably will get Forest Pro after finishing current job. Thanks for the input about FP, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Olli96 View Post
              Switch to Forest Pro, the support is awesome and you can scatte multiple proxies without buying another plugin. The new features of forest are getting better and better. I am more then happy that i decided to get FP instead of VS. In combination with Autograss you make lawns and flower fields in no time.
              Lawns with autograss and flower fields with Forest? Why not lawns with forest?
              mh

Comment

I do both, depending on the job. Autograss is a one click solution so if i am out of time i use autograss. i also got a nice proxy library of grasses and flowers for forrest pro that i use to scatter around but the setup time for forrest is a bit longer and if you want to make sure that you got no grass coming through objects you have to tweak it a bit. The advantage of forest is that you dont have to use a preset like with autograss and you have all the flexibility you need. I also often end up using autograss for the grass and forrest to create patches of clover or flowers on the lawn. Everything goes
                www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Karba:

All VRayScatter users can update VRayScatter to MultiScatter with small payment.
                  In your case, it would be better to wait MultiScatter, because of necessity to convert projects with VRayScatter to MultiScatter.

Mmm...
                  www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
                  Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Originally posted by Olli96 View Post
                    I do both, depending on the job. Autograss is a one click solution so if i am out of time i use autograss. i also got a nice proxy library of grasses and flowers for forrest pro that i use to scatter around but the setup time for forrest is a bit longer and if you want to make sure that you got no grass coming through objects you have to tweak it a bit. The advantage of forest is that you dont have to use a preset like with autograss and you have all the flexibility you need. I also often end up using autograss for the grass and forrest to create patches of clover or flowers on the lawn. Everything goes
                    I downloaded the demo to autograss and could get nothing like the render times shown in the video on the happy digital website. it hammered my rendertimes for just a simple small area. Where the video shows a rendering done in about ten seconds, my render times were more like two minutes...and the grass just didn't look like theirs. i suppose with some time and tweaking i could have gotten it to look like theirs but the render time is still an issue for me.
                    mh

Comment

Same deal here mikeh. A single plane ... no other objects in scene and VERY slow.

Comment

I downloaded the demo to autograss and could get nothing like the render times shown in the video on the happy digital website
                        Its not the fastest one but the RAM usage is awesome. I just rendered that grassy hill file and it took 7:50 on an old Q6600. The say on the performance site that that house on the hill took about 20 Minutes on Quadcore which seems about right to me. You also have to consider that in that video he uses an eight-core pc and is rendering brute force with low settings. And one thing that might be not so obvious is that they often dont use GI for their grass. That house on a hill scene was rendered without using GI and in most of the sample files they only use low brute force settings without any secondary gi engine or no GI at all. With good GI settings the rendertimes are definetly not as low as on their website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	autograss_rendertest.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	842738
                        www.short-cuts.de

Comment

I have both Autograss and VRS, and although Autograss is faster to setup, etc., the performance of VRS is way better, in most of my scenes with a lot of grass and full g.i., high settings, blah blah...I am curious about the multiscatter for the reason of performance vs. support.

Comment

Working...
                          X