Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letter to my Client - Telling him where to stick it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite honestly, I don't think I'd ever want nor need any referrals coming from people like this.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

How did he come up with the 1 hour amount for the changes he was willing to pay for? Was this an estimate based on how long he thought you should take to do the REAL changes or how long it should take to do all the changes?
      -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

I have no idea... lol. I think that's how much he thinks people like us deserve.

He just threatened me for bad-mouthing him. In turn, I told him he was the one initiating non-payment for work rendered.

He continued saying that if he didn't receive any image attachments with the next email, that he'll forward everything to his attorneys.

I replied, "go ahead. What are you going to take me for, a toaster? Have fun with that LOL."

Comment

It seems interesting how your situation and that 'logo and pie-charts' ordeal show that what appears as a lack of appreciation on the clients part is nothing more than an effort to avoid settling up for something that they know they should. Hopefully they have calculated the cost of losing your help indefinitely when making the gamble to approach it this way. What really surprised me in both situations is that despite the problem being made completely apparent, they continue to push to get something for nothing.
          At least losing a bad client this way will make you appreciate the honest clients all that much more...and it will make room for more honest clients.
          Ben Steinert
          pb2ae.com

Comment

That article is funny. I wouldn't say this guys is dishonest aside from not wanting to pay me (which he was very direct about.) He just lacks any sense of a moral compass.

There's two types of people - those who want to work with you and are inspirational/motivational, and those who lack a conscious and want to order you around.

The people that boss others around like a dictator often get things done, but at what personal cost?

In my mind, there should be a blend between the two opposite ends.

Comment

Working...
            X