3ds max 2011 features pdf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tammo View Post
    Autodesk has some real "talented" business men.
    They take a good look at what third party developers cook up and buy it for a very low price if its useful.
    Mentalray, "Graphite", Node Joe, Cat, the list goes on and on.

I worked on a small part for an unreleased product for max from a small company.
    The guy got a call from autodesk and they told him they would like to integrate his product into max2011.

Then they made their offer and it was so low that he first thought there was a mistake.
    Unfortunately that was not the case and he refused to sell it to them.

Now i have read the detailed feature/asset list and there is something in there that was his only competitor on the market.

So there are lots of people out there who are willling to sell their stuff to autodesk for almost nothing.
    No wonder that they make only half of the new features on their own if they can get all the good stuff for cheap from independent developers.

Don't get me wrong, i like max and will stay on subscription,
    but autodesk is sucking up everything on the 3d market and thats never a good thing for us customers.
    That stinks for your friend. I guess an upside to selling out, is that you don't have to worry about supporting your product anymore, you can move on using your energies to creating something new!

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by tammo View Post
      Now i have read the detailed feature/asset list and there is something in there that was his only competitor on the market.
      That is probably exactly why most are willing to part with their innovative products for next to nothing. If you get the offer, you can be sure that they are looking to integrate it in one way or another which may make your product obsolete.
      Ben Steinert
      pb2ae.com

Comment

Plus you can always claim it as you own. It would be like getting published! You would have a better chance selling more of your new big idea if Autodesk bought up your old one.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Any idea when they plan to release 2011. I need to buy a new seat and may just wait a bit until it's releaed.

Comment

Originally posted by TRGraphics View Post
            Any idea when they plan to release 2011. I need to buy a new seat and may just wait a bit until it's releaed.
            Probably no later than the end of next month. The past two releases have come out in April.

Comment

My wallet is already nervous...

Comment

Does anyone know anything about Toxic and how it compares to AfterEffects?
                - Geoff

Comment

Toxik is very different but can do many of the same things. It's more like Shake or Nuke than AE. If your an AE Users there will be a bit of a learning curve. But it uses real nodes unlike AE so piping together FX Shots is easier and making motion graphics stuff with a lot of cuts and layers would be a touch harder for an AE user. Plus there is not as much plug-in support I imagine unless you can load AE plug-ins. That I don't know. I just tried the demo a while back. I like it better than Nuke or Shake because I know Combustion. Nuke is big bucks, Shake is dead and AE is for Motion Graphics. Toxik fits in some where in the middle and comes free with Maya and Max and I am sure Softimage in the future. Autodesk lost market share to Shake then Nuke and I guess is looking to regain market share by bundling it in as a loss leader. Smart in a way since the same team supports Smoke and Flame and Combustion is kind of dead....
                  Two heads are better than one ...
                  ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

The way I've used Toxic isn't really as a replacement for AE. In face there are times when I want to use AE because it just seems easier to do simple / motion graphics type work in. However - if you've ever tried to do much color correction, masks, moblur, dof or used EXR's at all you'd know that AE absolutely grinds to a halt. I've found Toxic to be a great companion - it lets me quickly do all my post work (w/o 3rd party plugins for moblur too) at which point I'll render out frames and if needed overlay text & motiongraphics type stuff in AE.

For us (architectural firm producing animation of our own work) I'd say Toxic will replace AE 75% of the time but won't replace it completely. There are just things that AE does really well, really fast that I can't see doing in Toxic (errr Composite).
                    Christopher Grant
                    Director of Visualization, HMC Architects
                    Portfolio, ChristopherGrant.com

Comment

Will Chaos have to release a new version of v-ray to work under 2011? If so, any idea when.

Comment

A version of V-Ray for 3ds Max 2011 will be released shortly after the official release of 3ds Max 2011 itself.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

3ds Max 2011 is 100% plugin compatible with 2010 plugins, so it should be possible to use the current vray version with Max 2011.

best

rog!
                          ::::::::::::::::::::::::::
                          http://www.taunushelden.de

Comment

Originally posted by rogerteddy View Post
                            3ds Max 2011 is 100% plugin compatible with 2010 plugins, so it should be possible to use the current vray version with Max 2011.
                            As it turned out, this is not entirely true; V-Ray will load fine, but some things will not work properly (in particular, none of the V-Ray lights will illuminate properly in the viewports). To fix this, we need to recompile with the 3ds Max 2011 SDK.

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I am looking forward to the viewport painting tools. They look great in the demo and Photoshop and ZBrush alone aren't doing it for me. I used to really enjoy Deep Paint but that piece of goodness is long gone.
                              Steve Burke
                              www.burkestudios.com

Comment

Working...
                              X