No announcement yet.

Max 2011 Snaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sure but what if i dont want to use that stupid axis centre as a snaping point...
    yes i know...youll say turn off the gizmo, but sometimes this doesnt even work and i have to restart max for it to work again properly
    right pain in the arse this one
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

I know it's a pain. If you grab an object then hit S (turn on snap) the object flies off the screen. In previous releases it snapped to the object's centre.

Max is basically a 15+ year old core that has had too many 'new features', written by different teams, added over the years. Now every new feature seems to break about 3 existing ones.
      Dan Brew

Comment

I am with you all completely for this new. I find it frustrating as well. The most frustrating thing is that you can't toggle snaps on after you have already started dragging a vert. I was just used to toggling snaps mid-drag, now I have to think before :P.
        Colin Senner

Comment

Unfortunately most of the new (!) features are speed-killing for me and I dislike them.
          for my blog and tutorials:
          www.alfasmyrna.com

Comment

Am I the only one who actually likes the new snapping system? That's the one thing I miss most when going back to 2010 (which I have to because of 2011's crashy behaviour).
            Check my blog

Comment

Working...
            X