No announcement yet.

Stone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best thing to do would probably make about 5-6 bricks using the above script. Convert them to mesh. Optimise them and then build your own wall with those optimised bricks. Or...I think you even be able to create normals/displacement for lower resolution version using that script..I may be wrong. Of course you could do that yourself...
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Agreed Steve,
      I've been messing with it an as long as I keep it around 25x25, my pc is fine. While baking it may seem to have crashed but eventually it comes out of it and creates normal, AO, and height maps.
      Actually the texture baking stuff takes the most of my cpu compared to the generation of the geometry...The irregular stones part is pretty sweet, too.

Comment

Good stuff
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I agree with Voltron 7.... neat for small items, but weak for anything large.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Hey, while doing some tests on this plugin, I ran into a problem. I am not sure if it's V-Ray specific. DR slave does not return proper buckets when I have a standard displacement map on my ground plane.
            See attached...day has ground plane with a dsiplacement modifier on it. Evening image has just a noise modifier on the ground plane instead of disp...Is this already a known issue?

Thanks
            Click image for larger version

Name:	SP-T17-displaced day.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	843865Click image for larger version

Name:	SP-T21-noise on plane no displace.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	843866

Comment

Working...