strange omni light behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange omni light behavior

Anyone have any idea why this omni light seems to get cut off? I have lost so much time trying to figure out the problem. It is just a simple omni casting vray shadows (bias 0,01 - area shadows) with an inverse square decay. no object of the actual light fixture is causing the problem, because the problem exists even if I hide the light fixture. No invisible object is causing the problem, because if I move the light up, the cut off point moves up also. It is not a problem with the actual wall, because the problem exists if I create a new wall there. I noticed the same problem putting a spot light in the scene. I cannot figure it out...........
    Attached Files

It was the camera modifier.....when I turn it off, the light no longer gets cut off......never have seen that happen before.

Comment

Is there any reason you are using an max omni light and not a Vray sphere light??? They will do the same thing....except vray lights work properly in all circumstances.

Cheers

Comment

Do not remember for what reason now, but had to fudge the omni light a bit for the effect that I wanted which I did not get from the vray sphere.

Comment

Working...
        X