Multi-thread fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-thread fail

Sometimes I'll have a scene where multi-threading won't work. Or, that's what I think is happening anyway, since there are half as many buckets on the screen. Yes, I do have the multi-threading check box checked.

I'm always able to solve this problem by importing everything into a new scene though. I remember this happening a few times before I got my new computer, so I know it has something to do with the scene itself.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it have something to do with old scene files? Most of my projects are archaeology related, and in this business projects never end, they simply lose funding for a couple years. So I'm always dealing with old files.
    - Geoff

Ah, and another way to solve the problem is to set the renderer to something else and then set it back to VRay. Weird.
    - Geoff

Comment

few versions back we had to hit F11 and set the number of threads for DR to work properly. Maybe those old files has this setting set to 2?

renderers.current.system_numThreads=2

if that is the problem just set it to 0 and it will use all available threads
      Last edited by Morne; 01-07-2010, 06:55 AM.
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Working...
      X