Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spline Generate Mapping Coords ?

Hi,
    I've been very surprised to see something I never saw before. (See attachments.)
    When I used max 9, I remember I used a lot of stuff like this. Spline was powerfull !
    I could have proper uv's with real world map size... nevermind if the aspect ratio of my spline was equal to 1 or anything else , I could have my 5mx5m bitmap tiling on length and thickness according to U and V.
    Now, as you can see, it's not the case, There is a strange behaviour.
    Can someone enlighten me ? What am I doing wrong ?
    Thx
    Attached Files
    (Sorry for my bad english)

Tested in 9 and 2010 and it seems to be broken now, guess it's better to use a sweep modifier meanwhile ...

Comment

yes, it seems to be broken now ... this is very strange to break something so basic and really cool no ?!

Comment

Yeah, it's frustrating seeing how they screw things that seem so basic. Autodesk seems more focused in developing fancy stuff than caring for quality.

Comment

Totally agree with you ! This is just another example of a "damage"
          It's a real pain to see how max evolve...
          Vray fully integrated to Blender ! that's the way !!

Comment

It's possible this has been reported allready, but please make sure atleast one of you reports bugs or broken features whenever you can. Autodesk relys heavily on the bug report system now for making corrections.

Comment

You're right, I search a lot before to post this "bug" here... without any answer.

Comment

Working...
              X