Crysis for Realtime Visualization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis for Realtime Visualization

I know the idea is mentioned here and there in the forum already, and I even saw this guys work a while back on a blog somewhere. What really caught my attention though is the progress he has made since I last had a look! Apparently he has a maxscript available now that automates some of the process of getting buildings/structures from max to crysis. I might be stopping by a few places on the drive home to see if I can find me a copy of Crysis 2 tonight to have a look myself...

http://crymod.com/thread.php?threadi...2402713&page=2

With Crysis 3 and the Cinema tools right around the corner I figure it wouldn't hurt to have a little experience with the engine anyways
    Ben Steinert
    pb2ae.com

Originally posted by beestee View Post
    I might be stopping by a few places on the drive home to see if I can find me a copy of Crysis 2 tonight to have a look myself...
    That is of course a RESEARCH expense and can be off-set against TAX :P
    I will probably do that myself and get TotalWar - Shogan2 while I'm at it...research, lots of research
    Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
    I need a new signature
    --
    Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
    ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

mmm, yes, lots of research...
      but really, yeah, i've been wondering how much work such an approach would take, the cryengine shows are indeed spectacular. wonder how the licensing works too, i think i got an NDA from cryengine 2 way back, it was so fat i never dared sign it

Comment

It seems I was a little confused in the numbering of this series. FarCry was made using CryEngine 1, Crysis 1 was made using CryEngine 2, and Crysis 2 coming out today is built upon CryEngine 3. At least that is how I am understanding it now, which could still be incorrect.

So maybe now I will be able to find Crysis 2
        Ben Steinert
        pb2ae.com

Comment

Working...
        X