Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Engineer help - How to export model from 3dsmax to Pro/E ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, Sounds like a break. Take a 15 min and all be fine after that
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Ive had a sleep on it and still can't seem to export from Deep View as 3DMK says. Im wondering if he means Deep Exploration as the list looks like it may be applicable to that instead of the Deep View export options.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I had this same issue last year for a project with a boat manufacturer that was using ProE. I pulled my hair out for a day or so. In the end they sent me .iges files which I imported into Rhino. Then exported out of Rhino to .fbx files. That was the smoothest way I could find without having to purchase outside software. I downloaded a trial of Rhino which I believe gives you 25 sessions before you have to purchase it. The entire boat file was quite large so they broke it up into smaller .iges files which worked out well. That's my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by cs_sean View Post
          I had this same issue last year for a project with a boat manufacturer that was using ProE. I pulled my hair out for a day or so. In the end they sent me .iges files which I imported into Rhino. Then exported out of Rhino to .fbx files. That was the smoothest way I could find without having to purchase outside software. I downloaded a trial of Rhino which I believe gives you 25 sessions before you have to purchase it. The entire boat file was quite large so they broke it up into smaller .iges files which worked out well. That's my 2 cents.
          Except Steve is trying to get files from max into ProE
          MDI Digital
          moonjam

Comment

Maybe 3DMK thought that I was trying to do the opposite. It's a very good viewing program though.
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hi Steve,
              have you looked at the stuff be Npower?
              http://www.npowersoftware.com/products.htm
              I know it's the other way round normally, CAD2max, but they might go the other way too...just a thought.
              Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
              I need a new signature
              --
              Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
              ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

have you tried a small mesh to export as stl file out of max? i tried it with the interior benchmark scene. it was no problem to export it as stl in 2011. okino software has some other converters http://www.okino.com/press/press_rel..._march2011.pdf

Comment

For max there is a a modifier called STL check. I would use that to test any mesh I was wanting to export as a STL. Just on an obvious note (I'm sure you know this) you can't use Export Selected to export IGS or STL you have to use Export and first select your object then specify that you are exporting a singular object. You cannot export to IGS if the object is a mesh. It will only export a Nurb or a Spline. Blender can take a OBJ file and export it out as a STL and does a good job of it. All STL files need to be water tight so using the STL check is a must. Blender also has a mesh error check as well called Select/non-manifold
                  hope that helps

Val
                  val valgardson
                  http://www.photorealistic-rendering.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X