No announcement yet.

How to make progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K...if you are getting 4 projects a month, and billing out on average $1K per month....you can't afford to hire someone. Thats only $48K per year...minus expenses...minus social security payments....minus income taxes...minus vacation time...etc,etc,... you either need many more projects, or you need to be charging more for your work

Comment

Either possibilities are null:
      * Due to"supply and demand law"can't increase price(see original post)
      **Can't cope with more than 4 projects per month alone !

That is my enigma and I am trying to find any ideas to get rid of that vicious circle!
      Thank you

Comment

My company "suffered" from the same type of problem: rapid growth. Dynedain is right, you can't support more than yourself on 48K/yr. All I can tell you is what we did: we took on about twice as much work as we were able to handle and just went with the flow. It was a real tough time for about a year, but we learned how to distribute our resources in order to handle the increased work load. There was a curve that we went through which was basically a function of hiring in order to take on more work, and supporting those new employees with the new work (it was cyclical, yes, but it was just about the only option). It was a gamble, and we consulted with some trusted, seasoned business people in our area: their advice was to do the very thing we were doing. Now we have a solid design team and have passed the growth period somewhat gracefully.

Comment

Natty & Co: See the latest answers and learn what a professional level forum means!

Comment

Working...
          X