map/mapping problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• map/mapping problem

Ok ive avoided doing this before but i know i saw it done in a tutorial somewhere and i know its probably a simple problem. I want to only mask a small area on a landscape and dont want to paint a mask for the whoooooole huge thing. if i paint the mask for just where i need how do i setup the materials/maps/etc. i know i should turn off tiling in the map. but from there im lost

to clarify a little more. i can get what i need when using a vray blend material if im just doing it once however i want to be able to have multiple UVW map modifiers with different map channels so i can do different mapping over the landscape with just small maps rather than large maps that fit the entire land. you can see here what happens when i add a 3rd mask

Last edited by Da_elf; 23-09-2011, 05:00 AM.

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

1234567890 (10 characters min hehehe)
    Last edited by Da_elf; 23-09-2011, 04:57 AM. Reason: ---added to original post---

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

never mind. i worked it out. one of the masks i was using to test this out was inverted to the other masks so in output i clicked on invert. apparently vray blend doesnt like that so i went in photoshop. inverted the mask and voila. it worked.

now then. can anyone point me in a direction of a substitute for texporter for 2012 since that version isnt out yet. its a most useful tool

Comment

Working...
      X